James chapter 6

James: Get back! (I shouted to Jesse before summoning the pink rune for the crustal shower spell in front of my hand)

Jesse quickly dove behind me as I fired off a steady stream of crystal shards at the skeletons, the crystals tore through their armor and their bones also knocking some of their limbs off but for the most part they were still coming towards us.

Eventually they reached the bottom of the stairs and so me and Jesse turned around and ran for it, we dove into one of the halls and just ran as fast as we could.

As we did however I looked over my shoulder before summoning the yellow rune for the golden shower spell.

I sprayed the golden shower spell onto the floor of the hall behind us leaving a large golden puddle and when the first skeletons ran onto they slipped back and knocked down the ones that were right behind them.

James: (Haha suckers)

Eventually me and Jesse bumped into some sort of wooden door with what appeared to be a window on the top of it made from small metal links, she threw the door open and I barreled in behind her.

Me and Jesse both slammed up against the door and held it shut as the skeletons crashed into it and tried to force it open.

Jesse: Ugh...Damnit! I refuse to die here!

Yeah I'm not dying either lady, Not till I make that dragon pay.

As I pushed up against the door with all my strength I looked to my side and happened to notice a bookshelf, I quickly stepped away hoping Jesse could hold that thing shut and began to push the Bookshelf over towards the door before finally propping it up against the door, Jesse stepped back and began panting.

Jesse: Shit...what now?

We both began to look around for some other way to get out of here, there weren't any other doorways to go through and that bookshelf wouldn't keep the door shut forever.

Just when I was about to lose hope I happened to notice a faint light coming from above us, I looked up and saw that there was another hole for one of those revolving staircases...except it must have collapsed because the steps at the bottom were missing and there was no way to reach them.

James: Hey Jesse, I found a way out (I said while pointing towards the staircase)

Jesse: Oh shit, we can't reach that.

James: Well then boost me up and I'll help you u-

Before I could finish there was another loud bang on the door, Jesse quickly got underneath the spot where the staircase was closed to the floor and crouched down with her hands cupped together, I quickly placed one foot on her hands and she began to lift me up as I held onto her shoulders to keep me steady.

I then used my right hand to try and reach up for the staircase to pull myself up, but it was just out of reach of my fingertips and I couldn't stretch far enough to reach it.

Jesse: Any day now!

James: I'm...trying...boost me higher!

Jesse: This is as high as I can g-

All of sudden I saw some sort of light at the top of the staircase, suddenly this bright purple light began ricocheting against the walls and down towards me, I was barely able to jump backwards and avoid the laser but I landed on my side onto the hard stone floor.