Laura chapter 9

After I left the Daedalus facility and found myself back inside the large cavern that I had fallen into earlier, the very first thing I did was head over to the pool of water that I had fallen into earlier and used it to quickly wash off the vomit from my shoe, after shaking it for a bit to dry it off I put it back on trying my best to ignore the cold moist feeling on my foot and prayed that I didn't get some sort of infection.

Laura: Now where was I? Oh yes.

I made my way towards that small tunnel that I saw earlier and began to make my way through the caves, the tunnel began to slope a bit even deeper underground before opening up into a large chamber with a giant hole that went straight down, along the walls were a number of platforms made of dirt stone and a few pieces of ore shimmering on them.

Laura: Sheesh, how far underground am I now? I definitely have to be close to the underworld now...just a little bit further and then I can find out what's causing all of these earthquakes.

I made my way toward the edge of the platform that I was standing on...the way all of these platforms were placed around the hole should allow me to jump from platform to platform and make my way down to the bottom and closer to my goal...assuming that I don't trip and fall to my death.

Laura: Ok Laura...focus, and then go for it.

I began to back up before quickly sprinting towards the edge of the platform and leaped as far as I could towards the next platform, my hair flew up as I dropped down towards the platform and it was only after I jumped that I realized I might have jumped a little too far.

I twist my body around mid-fall and smashed my stomach into the edge of the platform, thankfully I managed to dig my fingers into the smooth dirt of the platform and keep myself from falling off, I scrambled up onto the platform and took a moment to catch my breath before scolding myself.

Laura: Ok, maybe don't put that much force into my jumps, after all, they aren't that far away they are just little drops down this hole.

And so taking a moment to dust myself off I approached the edge of the platform and quickly leaped towards the next platform being careful to not go over it again, I continued this again and again dropping down from platform to platform around this giant hole that had impressively formed into a perfect circle somehow.

Laura: (Now that I think about it, things like this don't just occur naturally, has someone been carving out this part of the caves lately?)

I became worried that maybe some of Yharim's forces had been here but I shook that thought out of my mind, if they were here already then they would have found that Daedalus base from earlier...not it has to be someone else responsible for this...that or this really is just a huge coincidence.

After a while I could physically see the bottom of the hole, I was about to jump to the next platform when suddenly the whole cave began to shake, and dust and pebbles began to fall from the ceiling and the platforms above me.

Laura: Oh no no no not now!

I felt the platform beneath me begin to shake loose from the cave wall so I quickly jumped to the next one however I wasn't able to build up enough momentum and I hit the side of the platform and this time I wasn't able to pull myself back up.

My hands slipped from the platform and I fell down to the bottom of the cave...the good news is that because I was already so close to the bottom the fall wasn't lethal and I survived...the bad news was that I landed right on my stomach, specifically the part where Yharim had cut me earlier.