Laura chapter 7

I fell for what felt like hours before the thin tunnel I was inside opened up into a wide and vast cavern at least hundreds of feet wide and tall, with rocky spires stretching all the way from the ground to the ceiling, I didn't have much time to admire it however as just as quickly as I had fallen into the cavern I felt myself break through the surface of water which completely enveloped me, my nose burned from some of the water going up my nostrils as I quickly pushed myself up as fast as I could while holding my breath until finally my head broke the surface of the water.

Laura: (Gasp)

I quickly began to swim out from the pond before pulling myself out of the freezing water and into the dirt and stone, I got back up to my feet and shook myself around causing water to fly off my hair ears and tail though a lot was still on my clothes.

Laura: Ugh well that's just fucking great.

On the bright side at least it was just regular water, if it had been water infected by the Crimson that I encountered earlier then I'd be screwed.

I walked away from the water before sitting down cross legged and began to take inventory, I still had my backpack which miraculously hadn't opened and I didn't lose anything though some of the water got in and ruined the bread so I had to throw that out because moist and dark environment plus bread equals mold, the last thing I need while heading in my way to the underworld is to get sick.

I also still had my whip and my remote and wand for my summons, overall except for the bread I didn't lose anything, after breathing a sigh of relief I got back up and began to take a closer look at where I had fallen.

It was a gigantic cavern easily twice the size of the large room I saw in the crimson with huge pillars of dirt and stone stretching from the ground to the ceiling, some of them had small holes in them as if someone or something had been digging through them recently, I saw a few ore veins of silver and gold shimmering near the ceiling but I don't have the time or need to try and get them.

Honestly I'm just glad to have survived that fall, if it hadn't been for the pool of water I'd be just a little splat of blood on the ground...great now I've got that image in my mind.

Laura: Well with all that out of the way, where do I got from here?

Despite my near death experience thanks to that Earthquake from earlier (They're definitely getting worse) I still need to make my way to the underworld if I'm going to stop the source of them...whatever it may be.

I began to look around the cavern and after some searching thanks to my partial night vision I was able to spot a small tunnel near the edge

I stopped once I looked toward the very back of the cavern, right there at the very back of the giant cavern was a gigantic building of some kind, it's walls were made entirely out of metal that seemed to be worn down and rusty, how I didn't notice it earlier I sure as hell don't know but it's certainly got my attention now.

Laura: What in the?

I brought out my whip and began to slowly approach the building, it looked old like 'really' old yet I could still see some light coming from it, the whole building gave off an aura of intimidation and mystery.

Laura: I know I'm on a mission...but I can't help but feel curious about that lab.

I mean there might be some supplies that will help me in the underworld, and the place is clearly abandoned so there's no harm in taking anything right?