James Chapter 9

(A/n): Alright you've all probably noticed by now that cover B won, sorry if the cover you chose didn't win but that's just how things are, and besides...In the end, it's just a cover and it's the actual story that matters.

The ride towards the castle was an interesting one to say the least.

Along the way we encountered several monsters from slimes to these weird grey and green robots but after facing Yharon again these things felt like nothing and I was able to deal with them easily every time they showed up.

And when I wasn't busy fighting off an attacking monster I was talking with Princess Aria, she's a surprisingly friendly person once you get past the fact that she's royalty.

Apparently she was very fascinated by the kind of life that I lived back at stone heart and so I was answering question after question to her.

After she was satisfied with my answers I began to ask her about her life in the castle and what she liked to do.

Apparently Aria wasn't allowed to just go wherever she wanted 'for her own safety' but when she gets the chance she likes to read from a lot of different books as well as admire the stars at night.

But as she talked about the things she enjoyed I began to noticed this very faint frown on her face, as if she wished that she could do more than what she was allowed to do.

And if I remember correctly one of those guards mentioned that Aria had told them that she had permission from the king to leave the castle so that she could see some of the rest of Terraria...and I don't really blame her.

I mean despite all its dangers...Terraria is a very beautiful world once you get out there and explore it.

When Aria had finished talking about what she liked to do I asked her.

James: So you mean up until recently you've never been outside of the castle?

Aria: Well I've been into the town a few times but for the most part I was kept in the castle away from harm...(Sigh)

She clearly looks upset about that, I mean sure my dad wouldn't let me really go anywhere far unless I was with him but...I can't Imagine what it's like for the princess.

I mean I get why the kind would be protective of her, I mean there are a lot of people who would be after here simply because of the fact she's royalty.

James: Well from what I've heard your father does care about your safety...but at the same time I think he should let you have more control of your life.

Aria: What do you mean?

James: Well I don't know if you've heard this before but the thing is life is really short, we only get to live for so long and so it's important that we take advantage of ever single moment of it that we can, see the world, and have a little fun every now and then.

Aria: Really?

James: Yeah...and you want to know something about me...I actually hadn't seen the world outside my home town until a few days ago.

Aria: Oh...but you've seen a lot more than I have haven't you?

James: Yeah...I want to be an adventurer so seeing the world is kind of a guaranteed thing that comes with it, and over the course of the past few days, I've seen things that make me realize that being an adventurer isn't as easy as a lot of people play it off to be.