Bennet chapter 1

I was just cleaning my revolver at one of the tables in my uncles gun shop, proper firearm maintenance and care is important, last thing you'd want is for your gun to get jammed or something when your being chased by a monster or something.

Another tip, never under any circumstances look down the barrel of the gun when cleaning, as well as always treat a gun like it's loaded even if you think it isn't.

Now most people think that being a ranger is a pretty easy class given that it's mostly long range, but the think is there are two variants to rangers, the guys who use bows and arrows or crossbows and all that. and then the ones who use firearms like me and my uncle.

But the thing about both of them is that you have to constantly maintain them to make sure that they continue to work, but hey I don't mind because it gives me something to do during my free time.

Yeah some people might say that leaving a 15 year old to clean and use a gun is a bad idea but considering I practically grew up around flintlocks, muskets and minisharks (those are awesome) I can safely say I know plenty about gun safety to properly and responsibly use one.

Yeah I learned everything I know about firearms from my uncle, seeing as how he works as an arms dealer it's kind of required he knows about this stuff seeing as how their how he puts food on the table.

But yeah I kept working on my revolver trying to keep myself busy seeing as how I don't really 'play' with other kids, ever since the incident on that one Christmas I've just been more reserved and I don't really do well with socializing with others anymore.

Business was slow today as my uncle sat behind the counter counting up the stock of bullets we had, suddenly I heard him call out to me.

Dante: Hey Bennet can you help me out with something?

I looked up from my revolver and asked.

Bennet: Sure, what is it?

Dante: I placed an order for some crystal shards from old man Herman, I was wondering if you could go and pick them up for me.

Bennet: Sure thing uncle Dante (I said getting up from my seat and leaving my gun and all the cleaning supplies next to it)

I can finish my maintenance later, right now helping out my uncle is more important.

I left my uncles shop which also served as our house before heading out into the town, it was a pretty decent sized town with various other people running businesses of their own and such.

As I walked through the town I saw various other kids around my own age and some younger just playing with one another, some were practicing with wooden swords probably to be adventurers some day.

Yeah, being an adventurer is a very dangerous profession but it can pay pretty good, so long as you know what your doing, I mean pretty much every business depends on adventurers for gathering the much more valuable materials that are usually guarded by monsters so if you want a job that's high in demand you could become an adventurer.

But that life's not for me, I'd rather just stay in the comforts of home and focus on helping my uncle with running his gun shop.

Anyway I eventually made it to Herman's shop, old man Herman I sometimes call him but that's not important.

I walked into the shop and saw various materials all set up on displays, behind a counter stacking up what looked to be some rubies was Herman, a 46 year old man with messy black hair and pale skin with a very faint light blue hue to it, he was wearing a pair of dark blue overalls with leather suspenders, and of course his signature mining helmet made to cover his head and ears, he also had his cobalt pickaxe strapped to his back as if he were ready to go back to mining in just a few minutes.