Laura chapter 4

Upon entering the spider nest I was immediately hit by the stale stench of death, most likely from all the dead spiders around my feet...or the remains of those less fortunate.

Despite the fact there was no light sourced in here I could still see just fine in here thanks to the fact that I was a halfbreed, you know maybe if I was able to live a normal life I could have made a living as a miner or something, being able to see in the dark just fine would save me a lot on torches and light sources.

I glanced at the corpse of one of the nearby spiders and saw that it's body was mostly black with a red line on its back.

Laura: Shit, they just had to be black recluses didn't they?

I heard the sound of skittering above me, I looked up while bringing out my whip and saw several spiders climbing down from the darkness above the nest, oddly enough I can't see the very top of the nest in the darkness which means that this particular nest must have been made much taller than most nests, but why?

Laura: I'll have time to worry about that later, right now I have to deal with these little tickets (I said as they crawled along the side walls down to the ground to try and circle around me)

Darby shot a few of them into bloody pieces with his laser, Max would focus on one spider at a time and pelt them with acorns until they died, and I would whip any spider that came too close and the force of the whip would kill them instantly.

Sure these spiders might not be sturdy like most monsters, but they are extremely venomous, just a single bite from one of them can be extremely deadly or even fatal, so I have to watch my back with these guy's especially.

One spider leaped at me and almost bit my leg but one of Darby's laser shots knocked the spider away before shooting the spider through its abdomen killing it.

I swung my whip around me and it smacked two spiders away, I whipped one of the spiders and Kaleidoscope sliced it's head clean in half, the other spider was about to try and rush me but Darby killed it by throwing a large bundle of acorns at it and crushing its body.

Finally the spiders stopped coming, I kept my guard up looking all around me and especially up, but even though I couldn't see all the way to the top of the nest I could still hear and I didn't hear anything, no skittering or anything.

The nest was officially empty.....so why do I still feel uneasy.

Laura: Probably just from all the corpses around here, Ugh I just want to get out of this disgusting place.

Anyway back to why I came here, where is that whimpering and crying coming from? I began to survey around the nest while focusing my hearing until finally I spotted them.

At the far end of the nest was a humanoid figure wrapped head to toe in cobwebs preventing them from seeing or speaking clearly, they were squirming violently and sobbing through the webs but they couldn't break free, I wondered why they hadn't been killed by the spiders yet and instead just wrapped up, until I looked near their feet and realized why.

Forming circle around their feet were several large white bulbs covered in webs, I realized they were spider eggs.

I remember my mom mentioning this about the black recluses one time when she was going on about the various species of spider in terraria and how they feed their young, they'd capture live prey and instead of killing them outright they covered them in webs and leave them right next to the eggs so that they could essentially be their babies meal...not a fun way to go by the sounds of it.