James chapter 11

I just stared out into the entire field in front of me, all of the grass was the same sickly diseased purple that I saw back at Bennett's town, the trees wood was also the same much darker shade, and as I squinted my eyes I could see what appeared to be these thorny like vines growing out of the grass across the whole landscape.

James: Shit...this is bad.

But unlike back at Bennet's town, this spread of the corruption was much larger, it wasn't just some small amount of it...this was full-blown biome-sized corruption...and bound to be much more dangerous.

James: I could go around it...but I can't see where it ends on either side and that could take me a day...and helping Aria already made me lose a day of pursuing Yharon.

No, going through the corruption is a risk I'm just going to have to take if I'm gonna have a chance at taking down Yharon...hopefully he hasn't been able to recover much.

With that I began to slide down the small hill I was on and down towards the corruption.

The first thing I was greeted to was a sudden change in the lighting, I'm not sure if it's just because of the whole sickly purple theme but the whole world around me seemed to get a little bit darker which only served to put more panic into my heart, but nonetheless, I have a job to do and nothing is going to stand in my way.

And so I began to make my way across the corrupted landscape, as I did I began to take in the sight of it all around me, unlike the regular forest and beautiful landscapes I had seen so far, the corruption was ugly and just seemed...unnatural.

As the corrupted grass crunched Uber the weight of my feet I happened to notice a couple of mushrooms growing out of the ground...but unlike the ones that I usually ate these ones were a bleached white and had black spots on them which gave me the impression that I probably shouldn't eat them.

And it wasn't just mushrooms, all over the biome were these long spiky weeds growing out of the ground and were either snaking around on the ground or wrapping around trees, those points on them looked pretty sharp so it would probably be best that I don't touch them.

As I continued to walk across the corruption I heard what sounded like something whistling in the air behind me, I turned around just in time to see an Eater of souls flying straight at me, I quickly raised my shadow beam staff and shot the eater right through the eye which tore its body in half just before it could reach me.

James: Ok, best to keep on my toes around here.

And so I hung onto my shadow beam staff ready to shoot anything that came towards me, a few Eaters would show up every now and then but nothing that a quick shot from my shadow beam or a demon scythe couldn't handle.

Eventually, I began to cross through some area where there were a lot of trees all closed together which created this huge shadow over the whole area, the atmosphere sent a chill up my spine but I kept walking being careful not to step into any of the sharp vines that were wrapping around the trees.

James: Now that I think about it, this corruption isn't that far from the castle, just a few hour's walk.

If I manage to kill Yharon, I really should go back and inform the king about this because having the corruption so close to the castle would not be good.