Nurse-Maid...

Narrator's POV

To celebrate the birth of Duke and Duchess Michaelis' newborn daughter, Elizabeth's family was invited to the baby's christening.

***

The christening was held a month after the baby's birth so Astre had plenty of time to recover from giving birth.

While most noble babies of the era would rarely be tended to by their mother with a wet nurse instead to take care of their needs, Astre rarely let his daughter out of his arms.

In fact, the blunette had nearly thrown a tantrum when Sebastian even hinted at the possibility of hiring a wet nurse for Chantilly.

Speaking of Chantilly —or 'Tilly' as she was nicknamed— was a beautiful baby girl with her mother's blue eyes and father's black hair.

As she was born a vampire, her diet was primarily both her mother's milk and blood.

Because of this, Astre took a bit longer to recover and be turned into a vampire himself, but a few days before the christening he was turned.

***

When the end of the month arrived, the baby vampire was all dolled up in a pure white christening gown and bonnet that was covered in lace and pearls and ruffles.

Elizabeth and the twins were dressed much more plainly in simple dusty pink gowns so the baby was the most extravagant one dressed.

Because they would be telling everyone that Lizzy was the birth mother, she was the one holding Chantilly when the Midfords arrived.

"Oh, she is absolutely beautiful." The Marquess complimented as he and his wife approached, smiling at his daughter and granddaughter

With her usual neutral expression on her face, the Marchioness asked, what did you name her?"

"Her name is Chantilly Lacey Michaelis." Lizzy answered, rocking the baby in her arms

"Chantilly?! What were you thinking to give your child a name as frivolous as that, Elizabeth. I do hope your husband has not already submitted documentation or else it would be too late to give the child a proper respectable name for a young lady. Eleanor is a far better name." Frances admonished

"There are dozens of Eleanors, mother, Tilly is the only one in the upper class with her name." The Duchess defended

"Tilly?! First you give her a disgustingly whimsical name like Chantilly and then you call her 'Tilly' as if she were a simple-minded barmaid and not the daughter of a Duke?! What has gotten into your head, Elizabeth?" The older blonde scolded

"Alexandre is the one that picked the name, mother." The green-eyed girl skillfully lied, "He said he became fond of the sights of both the lace and the region while abroad in France."

"It is a pretty name, Frances." Alexis Leon agreed, finally able to get a word in

Across the room, Astre was tearing up as the grouchy woman insulted the name he had chosen for his baby.

Ciel noticed the tears welling up in his twin's mismatched eyes and gave him a comforting hug before walking over to daddy.

Sebastian, of rather Alexandre, was talking to Edward.

The Midford heir was telling him that he would soon be going to the university Duke had gone to when Celeste politely entered their conversation.

"Brother, can I speak with you privately?" The elder blunette asked his father

"Of course." Sebastian replied, before turning back to the blonde man, "Please excuse me a moment, Edward."

Ciel then told daddy the rude things Frances had said about Chantilly, nearly making Astre cry.

"I see." Sebastian angrily replied, "Do not worry about it, mon chéri, I will insure they are properly punished."

***

A few minutes later, champagne was served to all the guests and Sebastian tapped on his glass to gather everyone's attention.

"We still have a bit before the priest arrives for the christening, but I do have a few words I would like to share." The Duke said, addressing them

"I would like to thank my in laws for joining us this afternoon for the celebration. It is a same Baroness Burnett was unable to join us this time." Sebastian began, "But, speaking of Angelina, I would like to congratulate her as well. When all of us became acquaintances over five years ago I knew you did not just invite us over for tea and a chat, she had suspicions that I was not being entirely honest. She was certain that Celeste and Estella were Ciel and Astre Phantomhive. Which is why I would like to congratulate her as she was absolutely right."

"What?!" Alexis Leon muttered

"But we did not have that chat with you, we spoke to your father!" Frances added

Sebastian rolled his eyes, "How daft you humans are, I style my hair different and dress slightly different and suddenly I am someone new. Ciel and Astre used to be Phantomhives but a clever cocktail of medications have reformed their minds into my beautiful dolls."

The vampire looked to said boys, watching them sway a bit as the were prevented from seeing or hearing any of this, but with that confession out of the way he restored their senses, "That is another thing, Elizabeth did not birth Chantilly, Astre did."

The addresses twin smiled, taking his baby from Lizzy's arms and into his own.

"To conclude this, I am a vampire and so are all three of my wives; I turned Elizabeth, Ciel and Astre into vampires months ago. There are three of you and four and a half of us, you will make tasty meals." Sebastian evilly laughed, taking Chantilly into his arms

With a bit of magical persuasion, he set the three brides on the three Midfords, watching them feast on their blood.

***

Hours later, when the priest arrived, only the Michaelis' were present as their guests were yet to arrive.

Days later, Scotland Yard would find the Midford's carriage at the bottom of a ravine with their rotted bodies within.

It was believed they had died while heading to the christening but bad wind blew their carriage off the side of the mountain...