Playing Nurse...

Narrator's POV

A week passed and the incident was forgiven and mostly forgotten.

The bruises healed and play resumed for the twins.

But at the two week mark, Lizzy returned for another play date.

***

As she arrived at the spa in her family carriage, the twelve year old girl stepped out of the vehicle.

Paula, her nurse maid, got her luggage and followed her inside silently.

In the reception area, they were met by Duke Michaelis.

"Good afternoon, Lady Elizabeth, Miss Paula." He greeted

Both females curtsied, "Hello, your grace."

Sebastian turned to Lizzy, "I desire you to accompany me today, there are a few things I wish to show you. Meet me in my office after you settle in, wear the dress I left in your room."

"Of course, my lord." Lizzy replied

With that, the man left and Lizzy and Paula went upstairs to the third floor where the private rooms were.

Upon their arrival in the bedroom, they were greeted by the sight of a dress laying in the bed.

The dress was long sleeved and blood red that had white Puritan collar and cuffs.

Beside it was a frilly white apron that had a matching red ribbon on the waist and sitting in the bed beside it was a blood red ribbon to presumably tie around her neck.

Immediately, Paula helped Lizzy out of her traveling dress and into this one, keeping Lizzy in her white stockings and black shoes.

After Eve try thing was unpacked, the two of them went down to the second floor to Duke Michaelis' office.

Paula knocked on the door and they were quickly allowed inside, the man frowning when he saw the woman.

He acknowledged the fact that Paula's job included being a chaperone as two unrelated people of differing gender were forbidden from being alone.

Still, it was preventative to his plan so he looked Paula in the eyes, crimson staring into brown.

His pupils turned into slits and glowed slightly, "You wish to return to you lady's quarters."

Paula immediately stilled like a statue, not even blinking, monotonely repeating his words, "I wish to return to my lady's quarters."

Sebastian continued, "You will go into your room within the quarters and take a nap. You will not wake until your lady returns and upon waking you will forget about this conversation and your nap, you will recall accompanying me and your lady around the spa."

"I will go into my room within the quarters and take a nap. I will not wake until Lady Elizabeth returns and upon waking I will forget about this conversation and my nap, I will recall accompanying you and my lady around the spa." Paula repeated in the same monotone tone

"Now go." Sebastian dismissed

Lizzy watched as her maid left the room to fulfill her orders.

"What was that?" Lizzy asked, her green eyes wide

The vampire shrugged, "A simple manipulation of the mind, it only works that well on the weak-minded. On others it merely makes a suggestion they feel compelled to follow."

The blonde gulped and nodded, "Oh, okay. What was it you wished to show me, my lord?"

Sebastian turned towards the grandfather clock in the room, pulling a hidden handle as the door opened, revealing a hidden hallway.

He then walked inside and the girl followed, the clock-door closing behind them.

"The true purpose of this spa is to be a discreet way to obtain enough blood to feed myself for now as well as you and the twins when the time comes." Sebastian informed, "In order to prepare you for that, I will be showing you how to collect blood without the guests even being aware of their donation."

He then led her into a large chamber where a man —who she recognized as a viscount— was sitting asleep in a chair, "There are hidden doors into every guest room through these passageways, you would simply select a room for a donation and give them a dose of anesthesia to keep them asleep and bring them in here. I will show you the correct dosage to give for the injection later, for now we'll focus on the collection."

She just nodded snd watched as he opened a cabinet to collect a needle attached to a thin, clear tube and a pint-sized bottle.

Lizzy then watched as the needle was forced into the center in the man's forearm, "It is important to put the needle at an angle in a vein, other time I will show you where all the veins are but this one is the most discreet. Due to the size of the needle, he can barely feel the pain of injection and it will not leave a noticeable swelling."

Sebastian continued, filling the bottle before removing the needle and cleaning the wound a dressing it, "With the blood collected you would now just put its cap on it, label it with the date and put it in the ice chest in the room. This blood will remain edible for six weeks in the ice chest where it would only last an hour outside of it; after that it separates and goes rotten. It is important to have a supply but not so big we waste food. For now we would only collect from one, maybe two guests a month to feed me. When you and the twins join me then that number would increase to four to six. In a pinch, animal blood is also edible but not nearly as filling."

"Will I be expected to collect blood." Lizzy asked

The man nodded, "Yes, especially when you take your role of the twins' protector full time. For now I will collect my own food, but occasionally I will ask you to do it to insure you do not forget how. This dress will be what you wear when you collect so you do not stain your usual clothes."

"Yes, sir." Lizzy replied, anything for the twins...