Birthday Boys...

Narrator's POV

December soon arrived and by this point, construction on the resort had been completed but it was yet to be opened.

Since the building was finished so close to the boy's birthday Sebastian decided to host their party there.

***

On the morning of December 14, 1886, Ciel and Astre woke up cuddled up together in their bedroom.

Within a few minutes, daddy helped them get dressed for the day.

They wore a blue dress a few shades lighter than their hair that had white sailor collar and shirt sleeves.

On the edge of the collar, a red bow decorated their font and their legs were covered with white stockings and black Mary Janes.

Looking at each other in shock, the twins notice this was the most masculine they had looked in nearly a year.

It had been a year since they had worn sailor suits last, hadn't it? They couldn't remember.

"Happy birthday, my loves." Sebastian smiled, distracting them from such thoughts, pressing kisses half in their lips and half on their cheeks

Picking the twins up, he carried them down to breakfast like he did everyday.

Ever since they had gotten back from that nasty kidnapping attempt, Sebastian had resumed the Lethe doses to his beloveds and now they both believed themselves to be made of porcelain.

They were now easily frightened, believing the slightest touch could cause them to shatter, only their daddy and Lizzy could safely touch them.

Speaking of the blonde, Sebastian had invited her and her family to the spa for the birthday party.

***

A few hours of traveling in a carriage later, the Michaelis family had arrived in Redbourn.

Soon enough, their carriage stopped in front of the newly christened "Pompeii Spa and Resort".

Leading the birthday boys inside, Sebastian gave them a tour of the Roman style building with all its marble.

Statues, stained glass and water features decorated the vast building, at least one of those things appeared in every room.

Well, all of the rooms except two but that wasn't important for his dolls to know yet.

Those rooms no one had access to besides him and occasionally Doc.

But that was a thing to worry about later, they had a birthday party to begin, after all.

***

A few hours later, the Midfords arrived and the celebration began.

The guests brought several gifts for the twins and they were put on a table where the cake waited.

The cake was chocolate with a strawberry frosting topped with a chocolate ganache and chocolate-dipped strawberries above a few decorative swirls of frosting.