Rings of Change...

Narrator's POV

Ciel Michaelis walked to the reception area of the spa, going as fast as his little feet would let him.

He knew he didn't have much time, Astre was keeping daddy distracted but he also knew how weak willed his brother was towards daddy so he needed to read fast.

The older twin was going to use the ledger of all noble family crests to figure out who the rings belonged to.

It took awhile and many false positives due to him mistaking the vultures to be eagles, but in the end he found which family it belonged to: the Phantomhives.

That was weird, that crazy baron who kidnapped him and Astre months ago thought their last name was Phantomhive.

But that couldn't be right, daddy was their daddy after all...or was he?

Ciel tried to recount memories of childhood but everything before the pst year was extremely fuzzy.

He could remember a tall man with dark hair, that had to be daddy right?

As well as a woman with light hair, that was mother right? But daddy said mother died in childbirth.

This was all so confusing, he wanted to ask daddy about it but he couldn't as daddy was the one he was going against!

Getting up, he hid the rings in a hidden pocket in the toga and began to look for his brother.

The blunette eventually found his twin in daddy's office, sitting on the man's lap.

"Oh, there you are, mon chéri, I was wondering where you were —it's so rare too see one of you without the other nearby." Sebastian said as Ciel walked in

Ciel nodded, half-lying, "I wanted to explore a bit."

Daddy seemed to buy it, "Still, I prefer when you two are together, it makes me less worried about your fragile porcelain selves when."

"Okay, I'm sorry, daddy." Ciel apologized as he sat on daddy's other leg

Sebastian pressed a kiss to his head, "It's alright, darling, just don't do it again."

***

Around an hour passed and Ciel was getting bored, so he turned to face the paperwork daddy was doing.

Unfortunately, his movement made his chest hit the desk and a metallic clang happened as the metal touched the wood.

"What was that?" Sebastian asked, looking at Ciel

The older twin's blue eyes widened in fear as he realized what happened, "N-Nothing."

Sebastian's thin crimson eyes narrowed, "What are you hiding?"

"N-Nothing." Ciel lied, trying to get off of daddy's lap but unable to

Astre was clearly distressed at the sight so he confessed, "Ciel found rings in our room and we don't know who t he belong to."

Daddy immediately pulled the rings out of Ciel's toga, seeing the Phantomhive signet ring and inheritance ring.

He stared at them for a moment before putting them in his breast pocket, "I am very upset with you two."

Astre's mismatched eyes welled up with tears, clearly about to begin sobbing.

Remembering his promise, Ciel interrupted, "I did everything, daddy, I just told Astre not to tell."

"That was not very nice of you, Ciel, making your brother lie for you. You are getting twenty five swats, ten for lying to me, ten for hiding the rings and five for making Astre lie." Sebastian informed, looking at Ciel before turning to the younger twin, "Astre, you are getting only five swats for lying to me instead of ten since you were coerced."