Control...

Narrator's POV

Duke Alexandre Michaelis and his newly wedded bride, Elizabeth Michaelis née Midford, left England for their honeymoon in Paris with his younger sisters in tow.

But in Paris, it was Sir Jeremy Rathbone, his identical twin daughters, Arabella and Emmeline, as well as their lady's maid, Cordelia, who arrived.

Arabella and Emmeline were identically dressed in long sleeved lacy white dresses that had a high ruffled collar, and the dress itself was adorned with lots of navy blue ribbons.

Their heads were topped with a  matching day hat and their feet were covered with navy blue stockings and white Mary Janes.

Standing a few steps behind them was Cordelia who wore dress was long sleeved and black that had white Puritan collar and cuffs

Beside it was a frilly white apron that had a matching black ribbon on the waist and sitting in the bed beside it was a black ribbon to presumably tie around her neck.

***

Lizzy internally sighed as she followed Astre and Ciel into their suite.

She hated wearing dark colors, they weren't cute at all but she knew she had to.

Servants were not supposed to stick out, always to be scarcely seen and never heard.

And today she was a servant which meant she was dressed just like any other maid.

A woman on her honeymoon, and yet she was nothing at all today or ever again.

Her husband —as loose as that term truly applied— hadn't even made her false identity the twins' stepmother, she was the maid...the help...something replaceable.

***

Hours later after a late lunch, Sebastian kissed his darling's foreheads, "I have some business to attend to and I don't know by when I'll be done. I'll leave money with Elizabeth but I want you all back at the hotel by 8:30."

"Okay, daddy." The twins happily said, watching him leave

After while, the three of them caught a Hansom Cab to the botanical gardens.

They stayed there for hours until they eventually learned that it was already 8:30.

Worried, Ciel and Lizzy came up with a lie to tell during their drive back on the cab.

***

Opening the door to the hotel suite, Lizzy silently led the twins inside.

Thinking they might of gotten away with disobeying, their hopes were crushed quicklyZ

"It's about time you three bothered to show up." The trio heard a voice in the darkness say

A light turned on to reveal Sebastian sitting on an armchair, "I do hope your reason for breaking curfew is legitimate."

"We were at the botanical gardens, daddy," Ciel answered, "we lost track of time."

Astre was visibly trembling, terrified they would get caught in the lie.

Lizzy continued, "I apologize, I tried to bring them back as soon as I discovered how late it had gotten."

Seeing how much Astre was shaking, Sebastian motioned him closer.

The younger twin did as instructed, walking closer and sitting on his lap.

Sebastian cradled Astre on his lap, looking at the trembling teen, "You wouldn't lie to daddy would you? Only bad boys lie to daddy and you're always my perfect boy, right?"

Both Ciel and Lizzy could see Astre's resolve crumbling more and more with every syllable Sebastian spoke.

By the time Sebastian stopped talking, tears formed in Astre's eyes and he hid his face, "I'm sorry, daddy, Lizzy said it would be okay to not be on time. Please forgive us, daddy, I don't want to be a bad boy."

The vampire smiled and kissed his forehead, "It's okay, my darling, you've been a good boy by telling me the truth. But you will still be punished for participating in the lie; three swats for you and seven for Ciel. Normally lies cost ten but I know Elizabeth told you it was okay so I'll take away five and I know Ciel always coerces you into joining so I'll give back two to him and take two from you."

Sebastian looked before him at the pair awaiting punishment as he positioned Astre for the swats.

Astre knew the rules so after his panties were pulled down he said, "One."

Sebastian's hand made contact with his butt, not even hard enough to leave a mark.

Even though he wasn't in pain, he was distressed so Astre cried out, "Thank you."

That was repeated twice more and Ciel received his seven, making sure to thank daddy after every one after what happened last time he was punished.

After both boys were given lotion to soothe the pain, Sebastian told Lizzy to remain here until he returned.

***

Now that the twins were tucked into bed, Sebastian returned to the suite: the Duke and Duchess were finally alone.

Sebastian looked at his legal wife as he approached, half-growling, "It's adorable that you think you are suddenly my equal just because we are married."

"I'm sorry, sir, I didn't mean to anger you." Lizzy apologized, "I didn't see the harm in them staying out a bit past curfew."

"I am not unreasonable —punishment for breaking curfew by half an hour would have been minimal— but I do not tolerate lies. I do suggest not doing something like that again, Elizabeth." The vampire warned before nonchalantly adding, "I would hate it if you had a fatal accident so soon after your father paid me such a handsome dowry of ten thousand pounds to marry you."

Lizzy gulped, her emerald green eyes wide with terror as her life was threatened, "I will not do it again, your grace."

"Good." The vampire said, pouring himself a drink of what she presumed to be whiskey, "But you are not escaping punishment. If I hear you say a single word to Ciel or Astre in the next forty-eight hours I will keep to my word. The only reason you should even see them in this time is during meals, other than that you are to not interact with them."

The blonde nodded, lowering her head in an attempt to hide her tears, "I understand."

"Remember, dear, I brought the twins back to you and I can just as easily take them away again." He replied, leaning forward and pressing his glass against her cheek so her tears fell into his liquor, "No one decides what they may or may not do except me."...

A/N: £10,000 in 1891 is worth £1,280,112 today.