Welcome Home...

Narrator's POV

The next morning, the twins were woken by gentle hands, "Good morning, mes chéris."

Astre was first to wake, yawning cutely, and Ciel quickly followed when he felt his brother leave his hold.

Rubbing his eyes, Ciel looked across the room where the man who had bought them was busy opening the curtains to their room, letting the sunlight in.

Ciel found his behavior so strange: the Duke acted more like a servant than a master.

Returning to them, Sebastian kissed their foreheads and began to undress them.

Like last night, Ciel pointed out that they were capable to handling themselves, but Sebastian insisted that he wished to help them.

Astre gave in easily, holding his big brother's hand to encourage him to do the same.

Ciel looked into his brother's good eye and sighed, seeing the pleading look of 'he wants to take care of us, let him'.

Before long, the twins were taken out from their nightgowns and put once again into cute sailor suits, though unlike their old Prussian blue ones these were powder blue.

Once they were dressed, Sebastian escorted them down the hall and stairs all the way to a dining room.

Ciel and Astre were seated at the table across from each other , both on either side of where Sebastian sat at the head of the table.

Within seconds, servants arrived and placed the food before them.

Instantly, the twins' mouths watered at the sight of food that wasn't stale and/or moldy bread.

Disregarding dining etiquette, the twins instantly began to fill their plates with the delicious food.

Eggs Benedict with creamy hollandaise and smoked salmon, fresh fruits, scones with cinnamon pear butter, as well as sweet thick milk with biscuits(cookies) to dip in it.

Additionally, they also had cups of Earl Grey Créme.

Before they could even get the first bite full into their mouth, Sebastian stopped them, "Mes chéris, before you eat you must take your medication

Before they could even get the first bite full into their mouth, Sebastian stopped them, "Mes chéris, before you eat you must take your medication."

"Medication?" Astre weakly asked, having had to take them almost his entire life since he was sickly

"Yes, more of the Nepenthe I'm afraid, you'll take two every morning for the rest of the month." Sebastian answered, pulling a small jar from his pocket and handling each twin two of those lavender pills

Reluctantly, they took the pills with their tea before beginning to eat.

Their heads yet again felt fuzzy but with how famished they were they didn't seem to care.

Sebastian chuckled at the sight of them practically inhaling their food, he couldn't bare to correct their manners.

"Another time." He told himself, beginning to eat his own breakfast: beef so raw it was still bleeding

***

After the morning meal, Sebastian gave them a tour of the estate, showing them absolutely every room and encouraging them to explore further.

"You both can go absolutely anywhere you wish within the estate, though do not go into the woods without me, they're full of wolves and other dangerous creatures." Sebastian informed as the tour concluded

Pressing another kiss to their heads, the Duke excused himself, saying he had work to do but they should feel free to play.

Walking towards the stairs, Sebastian added, "I've ordered some more toys for you both, but please make a list of anything you desire still."

Once he was out of sight, Ciel pulled his brother back towards their bedroom.

"We should run away." Ciel whispered

"What?" Astre confusedly asked

"We'll wait a few days, learn the routine of this place and escape when we can. If we get to London we can find Aunt Ann." Ciel explained, his voice still hushed

"Why should we leave, skylight?" Astre asked, "Sebastian is taking good care of us."

"Starshine, he bought us. He probably bought us for a reason, maybe he wants to use us as human sacrifices or something horrible like that?" Ciel reminded

Astre laughed slightly, "If he was going to hurt us he wouldn't be practically gift wrapping us the ability to escape or be buying us all these nice things. I think he's just lonely and awkward and he didn't know any other way to get company besides buying it."

Sighing, Ciel gave in, "Fine, but if he starts getting suspicious we will be leaving to find Aunt Ann."

Holding out his pinky, Ciel silently asked Astre to respond and seal the pinky promise.

Smiling, Astre did as asked, sealing their deal.

***

Hiding in the hidden passageways of the house, his ear pressed against the secret door leading into their room from behind a painting, Sebastian smiled.

Astre was such an obedient boy, but it seemed Ciel would need a higher dose of medicine.

Yes, Ciel would need four pills a day and he would give Astre two additional as well just to be safe.

***

After their little talk, Ciel and Astre made their way towards the room conjoined to their bedroom meant to be their playroom.

Within the room, there was a giant dollhouse big enough for them to fit inside that took up half the room.

In the half of the room that remained, there were all sorts of toys and stuffed animals to keep them entertained.

Going into the dollhouse, Astre sat down in the 'kitchen' on his brother's lap.

Hugging his little brother, Ciel mumbled, "I hope you right, starshine, I hope Sebastian is nice to us."

"He will be." Astre smiled, leaning against him, "And if he's not then I know you'll protect me since you're the best big brother ever, skylight."

Ciel smiled slightly, holding onto Astre tighter, "You know it."

Astre turning around on his lap, Ciel's head resting on the former's chest.

The half blind twin pressed a kiss to his big brother's head, then to each of his cheeks, then to his nose and then finally to his lips.

Their lips touched for less than five seconds before Astre returned to just hugging him.

Ciel was shocked, barely blinking as he brought his fingers back to the lips his brother just kissed.

Taking Astre's chin in his hand, Ciel tilted Astre towards him and kissed him again.

When they separated again, both of the twins smiled happily, Astre resting his head on Ciel's shoulder...