Delicate...

Narrator's POV

Duke Sebastian Michaelis was in his office doing paperwork when he heard a bit of shouting.

Turning around, he saw his sweet boys chasing each other around in the garden whilst having a snowball fight.

Both boys were dressed in thick pink wool peacoats that were lined with white rabbit fur and had matching shoulder capes, white stockings of that same thick wool, black boots.

Sealing their outfits were black bows in their hair that matched the one holding the capes closest

Sebastian smiled at the adorable sight of the twins playing.

Now that the month was nearly over, the Nepenthe pills had completed their task and effectively put there memories up for cleansing.

With a bit more work, Ciel and Astre would forget there was ever a time they didn't live with him and their memories would rewrite themselves to edit out their old family and put him in it.

Deciding to put off the rest of his work, the man walked downstairs and within a few minutes he was in the garden.

The crimson eyed man stood and watched the boys play for a few minutes until they noticed him and rushed up to him giggling.

He picked them both up effortlessly, holding one in each arm.

They smothered his cheeks and jaw with kisses, their lips feeling extremely cold on his flesh.

"You two are freezing, let's get you inside by the fire." Sebastian softly said, walking inside and seating them in the drawing room

They looked so cute, both small enough so they could share the seat closest to the fire.

Sebastian then rang for a servant, requesting hot drinks for them.

Within ten minutes, the twins were presented with cups of hot chocolate with lots of cream as well as a tray of peppermint tea cakes to share.

Sitting in a nearby chair, Sebastian simply watched as they enjoyed their snack and waited until they were finished to speak, "How would you both feel about going to London once spring begins?"

"That sounds like fun, daddy." Astre answered

"It does, it's been ages since we've been to London." Ciel added

The Duke smirked slightly, oh Nepenthe truly did wonders to memory, "Good, I'll arrange it so we can leave Sunday morning."

The twins were excited for that, that was only a week away.

***

A week later, the Michaelis carriage arrived in London shortly before ten in the morning.

It had been a long four hours in the carriage ride but now the trip to the townhouse should be swift.

After all, Sebastian planned to leave the estate at six AM so they would arrive mid-mass and the streets were relatively empty.

It was also early February, so the pleasant smell of roses just barely managed to cover the vile smell London held the rest of the year.

Less than five minutes later, the three of them were walking into the Michaelis Townhouse —barely four doors down from the Phantomhive one where the Midfords were currently staying.

Servants immediately began to make lunch, leaving Sebastian to give the twins a tour.

After lunch, the blunette begged their daddy to take them shopping for new toys.

***

Even though winter was nearing its end, the snow was still lightly falling and the chilly wind was blowing strong.

So far, Duke Michaelis and his 'daughters', who were identically dressed in baby blue wool gowns and white rabbit fur coats, had visited a toy shop, a candy shop and were heading to another shop when Astre began wheezing.

Immediately, Sebastian and Ciel stopped and began to assist Astre.

The younger twin was clutching his throat, showing he was struggling to even breathe.

"What's happening?" Sebastian asked Ciel

"I think Astre's having an asthma attack." Ciel fearfully replied, helping his brother sit on a bench

Astre did his best to take deep breaths, remembering that someone had once told him that would help.

Sebastian was trained as a doctor, but he didn't have an inhaler and the closest hospital was the Royal London Hospital, just up the road from the shopping district, but way too far for Astre now.

Like a blessing, a red- haired woman approached them, "Is everything all right?"

Sebastian quickly answered, "My s-daughter is having an asthma attack and we left her inhaler behind."

The woman fumbled through his purse and revealed one, "My sister has asthma, here."

Astre immediately took the medication, feeling his lungs beginning to open and allow in air once more.

Once the teen was breathing steadily, Sebastian turned back to the woman in the red gown, "Thank you. How can I repay you, Mrs?"

"Dalles, Angelina Dalles. And there's no need, sir, it's the least I could do." The woman replied, staring at the twins, finding them familiar, "Have we met before?"

Ciel shook his head, still holding his brother, "No, we haven't made your acquaintance until now."

Not quite believing them, Angelina recognized the signet ring the man wore as the Michaelis Raven crest, and left after telling Astre to keep the inhaler.

***

When Angelina returned home, she was certain the 'girls' she had met were Astre and Ciel.

Neither of the twins's bodies had been discovered in the ruins of Phantomhive Manor, there was a chance they were alive and here they were.

She had found them by chance, but she needed to be careful or else they would disappear again with their captor...