Two Weeks

{Elsa's Point Of View}
"I'll see you in two-" Anna stopped mid-sentence, knowing the pain that precise sentence had brought on our family, on our entire Kingdom. Out of all the flurry of emotions that sentence brought to me, despair is the only one that remains. "That's exactly what mother said. Two weeks". My eyes began to well up and I could see myself slipping again. But no matter how slippy the ice, Anna always propped me up. "Elsa... A child... It means everything to me and Kristoff. Just imagine it! When we get home, you may be an aunt. That's only going to happen if we make this journey". She was right. I can see it now at our last royal celebration. Never had Anna shone so much as when she was interacting with children with Kristoff by her side. But after trying for 5 years, there was never the sign of a miracle granting them a chance at parenthood. "Anna... What if I lose you. And Kristoff. Who would I have left? Because let's face it - the world has never really been kind to me." I said, my voice stuttering, my eyes welling up even more than before. "Elsa you must never tell yourself that. You are surrounded by an entire Kingdom who love you, and a family who adore you. I promise that we will be back." She cupped her hand under my chin and kissed my forehead goodbye, then boarded the boat with Kristoff without another word. I sat silently on the docks, knees tucked under my chin, watching their silhouettes fade into the dawn, arm in arm. I gave a miniature wave and mouthed goodbye, sinking my head into my dress as it fluttered carelessly in the wind.