Shattered Dreams

{Elsa's Point Of View}
"Q... Queen Elsa?" The guard who had his fists clung tightly to mine
, preparing to put handcuffs on me asked, puzzled. Of course he would be. Hans hung his head against the bar, his face hidden. "Show your face!" The same guard commanded. A few seconds past and his red haired scalp was still pressed tightly against the metal bars. "Show your face, I said!" The guard gestured another guard who had Hans in the same position as I to lift his head, which he did with unneeded force. "Hans... Westerguard? The prisoner?! My queen what is the meaning of this?!" "It's not what it looks like" Hans interrupted the first guard. "Oh who are we kidding, Hans?! It's exactly what it looks like. What other explanation could there be?" Hans looked at me with understanding and agreement, and buried his head back against the bars. "Queen Elsa, Hans Westurguard, by Arendelle law I must take you back to the palace... To the dungeon" the head guard explained. I nodded silently, singular tears streaming down my face. That walk was the longest walk of my life. We walked together, in silence, but I had never felt so alone and the voices in my head had never been so loud. When we arrived, I was tossed into a cell like a criminal and left to think of a valid explanation for my escapade. "Hans, I..." I trailed off after minutes upon minutes of silence in our cells. I heard no response. I looked over and he was asleep. I wondered if he was dreaming about our future that I now knew would never be.