Empty Hallways

{Elsa's Point Of View}
The restlessness started at 3am. After trying countless times to go back to sleep, I decided that the night wasn't ready to cooperate. It had been 9 hours since Anna left and never had I felt so alone, not even in all my years of isolation. Then, something in me clicked. It was like a spark had reignited in my soul and the first sign of heat in months had coursed through my veins. "Hans". I breathed, sitting up sharply. Was he still in the dungeon? I never dealt with prisoners myself as I was deemed "too fragile" by the courts. I slipped out of the sheets and began to tiptoe towards the door. I soon realised that I was leaving an ice trail so I put on my slippers before leaving. I glided down the hallways, the floorboards creaking, but this place was too big for anyone to hear a sound whilst asleep. I soon found my way to the dungeon entrance and was greeted with the careless snores of a palace guard, who gave a loud snort when I walked past him. Cells. Dozens of them. I remember being in one once. And Hans was there too. I strolled past all of them, and no doubt, right in the last, adjacent cell was Hans, sitting with his hand supporting his face.