The 13th Brother

{Elsa's Point Of View}
"Elsa, what's wrong?" Hans said, lightly grabbing my shoulders and turning my face up to meet his. "It's Anna... Her boat. Something happened- I think she's gone, forever" my voice broke out into little sobs and the tears streamed even more. For the first time ever, I saw Hans look genuinely sorry. "Elsa... I can't say that me and Anna have had the best past, but she is your sister. I will do everything in my power to comfort you through this". My face fell into his shoulder once more. "Hans... Why do I feel this way about you? After everything you've done... After everything that's happened... Why?" "It's because it's a mutual connection. I feel it too" came the immediate response. "I still don't understand why you would kill me to get to the throne" I spoke with caution. Hans gave a deep sigh and began his tale. "My father told me that I would never amount to anything. I was the 13th brother and I basically didn't exist." I lifted my head and listened silently. "He told me that I would never be king and that I would never be worthy of the title. I didn't want to kill you so I could be king. I wanted to prove my father and my entire Kingdom wrong - I was completely blinded by my craving that I was ready to go as far as killing. But as I stare at these walls day after day - I've realised that alls that I needed was love and not a crown. And I realise that the woman I love... Is you". I stood there in silence, unable to avoid his gaze. "Oh Hans, what a mess we're in. I want to be with you too... But imagine the kingdoms reaction, imagine Anna's react-" "Anna is gone" Hans said sharply. My eyes started to well up again. "Elsa. Do you see those keys hanging up there?" He pointed to a high hook in the stone wall, the keys hanging off them, glistening. "Y-yes?" I said unnerved. What was he going to ask of me? "Those are the keys to this exact cell" "Are you suggesting I let you out?! I have no real Idea if you have changed or not... How do I know?" I stepped back, shocked and almost disgusted at his request. He reached between the bars and cupped my hand in his. "I'm not saying that now is the time. If you ever change your mind, I'm right here. I'm always here for you Elsa." I stumbled back and made my way up the dungeon steps, the upset and confusion making me dizzy as it clouded my head. I entered my room and sharply shot ice at the nearest object I could find, when I turned around and saw an old friend. "Olaf? What are you... I thought you went with Anna?"