A Race Against Time

{Elsa's Point Of View}
"Are you ready?" I whispered, still hiding in the shadows that the night had given us. "Of course. We've got this". Hans replied in a confident tone, I really believed that we could of pulled it off without a hitch. "Let's run it one more time. You say it" I spoke nervously, doubting wether he'd actually remember the plan. "Okay." He begun. "I go and stand over there by the large oak. Then, when you give me the shadow signal, I scream for help and then run over to the opposite side of the woods and lure all the guards over. Meanwhile, you will go over to to the gate, freeze and smash the lock and we can both run together, out of the gates and towards the moon". My face lit up with the idea of restarting anew and his mimicked my face back to me. "Okay let's do this". He ran over to the Oak and gave me the signal, as I prepared to make a beeline for the gates. I heard a high pitched scream, or more like a cry for help. The guards, one by one, started hurtling towards the noise "Over there!" One cried. "It's coming from the shaded part of the wood!". One by one, bayonets in hand they marched. As if almost by instinct, I started sprinting towards the gate along the path, exposing myself in the glaring moonlight. Two guards instinctively bolted round, aware of my presence by the gate. "What or who is that over there?" One asked. "We'd better go and find out. After it!" Another replied. As the two armed guards sprinted after me as I tried to break the gates lock, it was merely but a race against time.