Conceal, Don't Feel

{Elsa's Point Of View}
I spent the next 4 days restraining myself from seeing him. The fact that Anna wasn't around in the palace meant that I could practise my magic without the fear of hurting her again. Sometimes the ice would form ugly, disfigured statues and shapes but I was still learning to control it and see the true beauty in it, so it was only natural. Images kept flashing in my mind of Hans, and then Anna, Hans, and then Anna, but Anna was pregnant. Anna looked happy... With Kristoff by her side. If I ever gave Hans a second chance, how do I know that he wouldn't hurt Anna's child? Little burst of ice kept sparking out of my hands; "Control it" I spoke reassuringly to myself. "Conceal, don't feel." Then all of a sudden, a sharp knock at the door caused me to slip off balance and shoot ice toward a nearby window. "Your majesty?" A guard voice asked. I quickly brushed my self off. "Um... Yes come in." The guard walked in with a solemn look on his face, holding a royal scroll in his hands. "What is it? Is it Anna? Is she okay- what's happened?" I said, urging him to read on. He carefully unravelled the scroll and began to read. "Queen Elsa of Arendelle, we are very sorry to inform you that contact was lost between Princess Anna and Prince Kristoff's ship at around 2pm of this day. We are doing all that we can to try and contact the ship before they are due to arrive in the kingdom of Corona in one day's time." My heart sunk into my stomach and it felt like an empty pit. Everyone knows that once that message has been sent out there has most likely been a sinking. "No... No. It can't be- Anna said that-" "Princess Anna was not the one navigating the ship, your majesty. She had no control." I paused- the whole world spinning into an endless void of destruction. I could feel the ice like fire run through my bare-naked veins as I clenched my fists, trying to keep it together. "Thank you." I said, dismissing the guard. I paced through the long maze of hallways and reached the dungeon gates. "Me and the prisoner need to be alone. Leave please." "Yes your majesty" came the response from the same guard I past 4 nights before. I started to jog down the long hallway of cells, and sitting, in the exact same position as the last time I saw him was Hans. I stopped. "Elsa? What's wrong?" The tears streamed down my face and my lips were uncontrollably quivering. "Hans. You're the only person I care about who's still here." He approached me at the gate and hugged me through the railings, my tears sinking into his grey shirt. "Listen Elsa, whatever it is, we're going to get through this together, okay?" I silently nodded, and let the moment whisk us away.