Chapter 3

"How about this one Tom?" Tom was in the one of the most worst situations he was ever put into. Deciding on bedsheets in a muggle store. He examined the silver velvet comforter, it wasn't horrible. Definitely a better choice than the other ones she showed him. Tom couldn't be such a downer, he chose to shop here. He couldn't let anyone from Hogwarts see him with the family.

Not until he knew enough about them, if they were a family that had potential then he would gladly wave it around to everyone. Last thing he wanted was people to find out he's been adopted to a weak family. He knew he was quite powerful when it came everything he learned from Hogwarts. It only made sense for him to be in a family that radiates the same strong power as him. But the books from Valter's library gave him the right impression, but his main concern that the family turned over a new leaf. No it can't be.

Tom was usually good at reading people, he knew the family weren't exactly putting on a show but they weren't exactly open about themselves either.

"This is the one." Delilah smiled and gave it to the owner to hold on to it for them while they continue to shop. Nessa trailed behind them just watching the two of them interact. Breakfast was interesting, due to Nessa's appetite serving big portions were a normal thing. Nessa even caught Tom's widen eyes as he saw the large amount of food on his plate. He only ate about a quarter of it, he claimed he wasn't used to the large portion.

Delilah was looking at snow globes, her main focus were the smaller ones. Tom strayed away a bit and turned his attention to some of the paintings the owner was selling. They were quite disturbing. Deformed creatures being burned. A hideous creature using its teeth to rip a man's hand off. Or one with two women holding down a man and one of them drove a sword through his neck. The owner had gotten some complaints by them, they found it disturbing and vowed to never come again. But Tom found it anything but disturbing.

Nessa furrowed her brows as she watched Tom admiring the paintings. She was about to go to him but she noticed her mother looking around. Delilah gave one more glance before grabbing a small snow globe of the London clock tower. She almost had it inside the pocket of her coat but Nessa's hand on her mother's wrist stopped it.

"Mum please, not here." She whispered and gently took the globe away from her and set it somewhere else. She prayed that no one saw, she looked around and found Tom looking at them. He saw it. She looked away and guided her mom towards the owner so she could pay for the comforter. Nessa felt someone behind her, she looked over her shoulder to see Tom narrowing his eyes at Delilah. She bit her bottom lip trying to come up with a proper excuse, but there was none.

"She's-"

"Your mother is a kleptomaniac." He interrupted. He stared at Nessa and raised an eyebrow waiting for her to confirm his words. Nessa's silence confirmed it. He probably doesn't want to be here anymore. "I try my best to make sure she doesn't do it when I'm with her."

Tom moved past her and head his way over to Delilah.

"Is that all- oh my! I'm so sorry sir." Tom had accidently knocked over a display of cards that landed on the other side of the counter. Tom picked up some cards on his end and added a couple apologies to his plan.

"Jesus kid, be more careful." The owner said before kneeling down to pick up his cards. Tom placed a hand on Delilah's back and gently leaned over to her ear.

"Take it now." He whispered, Delilah's eyes focused on the snow globe before she picked it up and tucked it in her pocket. Delilah's shock was masked over with a warm smile when the owner got up and rung her up the comforter. Delilah thanked the owner and paid for the item.

Nessa stood there with wide eyes and jaw dropped at what had just happened. She was conflicted, she wanted to go over there and have her mother return the globe. But at the same time she feared Tom would be annoyed or pissed off at her. When Tom and Delilah turned away and walked over to the exit Delilah couldn't even look at her in the eye. Tom gently escorted Delilah out and entered the car. Nessa was in the passenger side and Tom was in the back.