Chapter 22

The violin began to play. Their bodies instinctively knowing what to do. Tom pulled Nessa close, their hands interlocked and they began to move together. Everyone's attention was on them expect for one couple.

Mellie tried to settle her breathing, Joaquin gently rubbed her back and whisper soothing words in her ear.

"We don't have to face them." He said. She shook her head and swallowed hard.

"No or else I won't hear it from her." She said and composed her posture. Joaquin took the moment to take her in. He was wearing a simple dark blue suit, when he appeared to her house first he felt all giddy inside when he saw her wearing a satin yellow dress.

There was no ruffles or ridiculous extra layers. A simple thin strap dress. It was simple but it brought her out. Her hair was in a bun, only a few strands were let out to frame her face.

"Alright well let's try to insert ourselves into the crowd before we get single out." He said and gently paced his hand behind her back leading her.

They watched as Tom and Nessa started to pull away as the pace got faster and started to prance around. Nessa pretending to take his hand before pulling away in a playful manner.

In the corner of Joaquin's eye he noticed Helia was staring at them. He turned his head slightly to fully see her.

She had a smile on her lips. She subtly gave a thumbs up before giggling into her drink. Lestrange rolled his eyes.

Helia mouthed something along the words snog her.

Joaquin replied with a fuck off.

Helia giggled and left them alone.

His eyes focused on the dance floor, Tom was behind Nessa, their left arms extended, hands interlocked, and his hand placed gently on her stomach. They began to move backwards.

Joaquin was never a talker, always a lurker. Noticing things that others may have missed. He definitely didn't miss when Tom held Nessa's hand when Abraxas asked her to dance. He was as lost as the next person.

He noticed how Tom's eyes were watching the girl. As if he looked away for a second she would fade away. Not meaning romantic, more so he wasn't done studying her.

To Lestrange, Nessa was an odd one. She was unpredictable at times but her feelings for Riddle was so obvious. To everyone expect for Riddle.

He remembered in first year, it was just Riddle, Malfoy, and him at first. They would always leave dinner early to do some mischief. Lestrange was the only one to notice the eleven year old girl following them.

She was very quiet, the only reason why he noticed her was because of his observance. At first he was thinking that she would rat on them, but when she didn't for the first few times he really didn't care about her little presence. It stopped once Malfoy started messing with her in public.

In classes she was sitting in the front and them in the back. Whenever Tom raised his hand to answer a question she would move her whole body just to see him. Every time he spoke she was mesmerized by him.

Tom came up behind her, his hand brushing against her arm that was extended. His hand rested on her stomach. And they began to move backwards.

Nessa's eyes were glued to the floor, watching the end of her dress and the floor. Tom's eyes were on her neck. He didn't have to watch where he was going, not with the silver rings around their fingers.

The butterflies bounced around in her stomach when she felt both of his hands on her waist to hoist her up in the air for a few seconds before placing her back down. He spun her around and pulled her closer before moving across the dancefloor once more.