Chapter 16

Two days had passed and Helia still had to impersonate as Nessa for her classes. It was quite easy since she shared most of the classes with Nessa however, she did had to excuse her real self from classes so the professors wouldn't question Helia's disappearance. Two days ago the incident with Avery came in handy. Avery was still recovering and was sent to the infirmary, her excuse for him was that he was trying to show off by fooling around and fell. He didn't have any broken bones but both of his legs and arms were extremely sore. Helia was able to convince the healer of the school to excuse her for at least two days so she could help her Christopher heal. That's when Mellie came in, the Rosier girl and the Lestrange boy grew closer. Nothing romantic but a decent friendship.

Mellie knew she owed him from saving her from that Gryffindor boy. Her classes were the opposite since her house had classes with Ravenclaw. When Joaquin asked her to pose as Helia he was ready for her to say no or demand an explanation, Mellie only nodded and brought the potion to her lips.

It was now day three and Helia was pacing around and twirling around her hair out of being nervous. Three days had gone by and Nessa didn't seem to be well enough to attend class. And Avery was already excused from the infirmary, she didn't know how she could continue the charade. She wanted to nag at Riddle for making her waste a month worth of poly juice for the girl, she had other uses for it.

"Why can't we just cast a spell for her head? I can't keep doing this Malfoy." Helia nagged.

"Riddle said no." Malfoy said, the two of them were in Nessa's room where the injured Slytherin girl was sleeping. Malfoy was in her room to check up on her, he even tried cleaning her bandage but he ended up letting Helia or Sylvia do it. Helia scoffed and shoved past Malfoy and went over to the bed. She gently shook Nessa a couple times to wake her up. Nessa's eyes opened and she groaned in discomfort of her eyes. She had been crying in pain for two days now her eyes had been covered in sleep crust.

"Good, you're awake. Can we please use a healing spell for your head?" Helia asked, Nessa blinked a couple times but nodded. Helia turned to Malfoy and gave him a triumph smile as she pulled out her wand.

"I think an Episkey spell will work." Helia said, Malfoy quickly opposed.

"She doesn't have anything broken! Use Vulnera Sanentur, she has a nasty gash. And a stamina spell as well." Helia rolled her eyes and performed the spells.

"We'll get the Cruciatus curse for sure." Abraxas said.

...

Nessa never felt more out of place than she did right now. Nessa was healed and the three of them made it for breakfast. Seeing Riddle's reaction was not enjoyable for none of them. Riddle was already reading the Daily Prophet when Lestrange gave him a nudge to turn his focus on Abraxas, Nessa, and Helia. When the three of them sat down the poor newspaper was all crinkle up due to Riddle's grip. He didn't say anything, he didn't have to because everyone could tell that the way he was staring at Nessa, they knew he wanted to blow up on the poor girl.

"Can I have my sweets?" Nessa asked, trying to diffuse the tension. Abraxas covered his mouth trying to hide a laugh.

"You were suppose to be resting." Tom said. His eyes turned to Helia, who was wise enough to not make eye contact with him. He knew she was the one that did it.

"Why? All I needed was a few healing spells. I tried to tell you that." Nessa reminded, multiple times she tried to tell him but he kept interrupting her and telling her that she needed rest.

"You need to see an actual muggle dentist for your teeth. Pardon me if I thought you were sensitive to healing magic."

"Well, my teeth are a completely different story. And if I say you could use spells on me then you can. I know what I can and can't take. Now my sweets please." Nessa said again and held out her hand which Riddle swatted away, Nessa held out her hand again and Riddle swatted her hand once again. Joaquin looked away trying to hide his smile, it was odd for all of them to see Riddle even entertaining her like that.