Chapter 17

A few months went by and it was a few days before students went home for the holidays. And for the first time, Tom wasn't dreading about it because he wasn't going home to the orphanage. Even Malfoy couldn't help but mention about it.

"How does it feel not having to go back to Wool's Orphanage?'  Abraxas asked.

"Oh I am jumping in joy as you can see." Tom said sounding bored, Abraxas smiled knowing that his friend was happy about that even though he looked the opposite.

"Good morning boys." Nessa greeted and sat down for breakfast. Abraxas looked up and he almost spit out his drink. Nessa had her hair up in a clean ponytail and right above the collar of her shirt anyone could see a plain hickey on her skin. Abraxas and Nessa had been continuing their little activity. But there had been a few complications, one would be how Abraxas would sometimes stop in the middle of it because he would feel he was hurting her with all the bruising she had gotten from their last encounter. No matter how many times Nessa tried to assure him she was fine he wouldn't budge and continued being gentle as much as he could.

When they were not doing that she became a temporary therapist for him. When Tom was busy with other things Abraxas would talk to Nessa about anything he was feeling. To his surprise Nessa was a good listener and helped him with his anxiety with some breathing techniques.  They both agreed their little relationship was kept a secret and had no problem telling the other that they had no romantic feelings for each other.

"Morning." Tom said as his eyes were glued to the book he was reading.

"Morning Nessa." Abraxas said, his blue eyes meeting her green ones. He discreetly pointed at his neck trying to give her the hint but before she could even do anything Helia spoke.

"Did you fell on your neck? What's that?" Helia asked who was sitting next to her and tried to touch it but Nessa moved away. Tom looked up and when he did he was confused at first, he didn't know what he was looking at until Helia pointed at it again.

"What happened to you?" Tom demanded.

"I ran into a coat rack. I also got another bruise on my breast. Shall I show it to you?" Nessa's sharp tongue spoke. Tom immediately tried to cut her off.

"No-"

"I know a love bite when I see one. You have someone, who is it?" Helia asked.

"Is that true?" Tom once again demanded. He wasn't sure if her parents approved of her courting but if she wasn't he was sure as hell wasn't going to cover for her.

"Well, it looks like our future engagement is off." Abraxas jested, he hoped his joke would take him off the list. Everyone knew about their parents' wishes about them getting married.

"Tell me now." Tom said, ignoring Malfoy's joke.

"I ran into a coat rack. If you want to tell my parents that I am fooling with a inanimate object go ahead." Nessa repeated. Tom was about to push it further when they all heard little owl noises, they all looked up and owls came flying into the room and dropped mail. Nessa got her envelope and hastily opened it.

"Dear Nessa and Tom, we hope you both are watching over each other and are alright. We can't wait for you both to return home. We will be having Christmas with the Malfoys and on New Years we will be hosting the dinner. Many will attend and it would warm my heart to see you both share a dance right before midnight. Valter thinks it may be too overwhelming but I know how you love to dance Nessa, and I can tell Tom has it in him. Once again, we can't wait for you to return. Take care." When Nessa finished the letter she handed it to Tom so he could read it himself.