part one

⇉ the one where his new neighbor drives him nuts.

part one

"Fuck this!"

Na Jaemin is lounging in his bed when he hears the shout. His body jolts, fight-or-flight response immediately going into overdrive. His precious peace is shattered.

"God dammit!" Something crashes. "Ugh, I'm gonna go crazy!" He hears things being thrown all around the room now, and he turns over on the bed to put a pillow over his head in an attempt to block out the noise.

Whatever earthquake is taking place in the other room doesn't seem to be subsiding any time soon, no matter how long Jaemin tries to wait it out. Finally, he unfolds himself from his laying position and rolls out his neck. After donning the slippers at the foot of the bed, he swings the door open and shuts it behind him with a bang, brows already furrowed with irritation.

He knocks loudly on the heavy wooden door, staring at the number 22 engraved on it as he waits. He can hear whoever is inside pause, and then footsteps begin to approach the door.

"Hello?" It's a girl who answers, threading a hand through her shocking violet locks as her eyes narrow imperceptibly.

For a moment, Jaemin just stares. Then he clears his throat, realizing that he has completely forgotten just what he was about to say. "Oh," he starts, licking his lips as he furiously racks his brain. "Um, uh..."

The girl says nothing, just arches a brow.

Jaemin stops slouching, and finally clears his throat again. "Look, I'm going to need you to take your pity party somewhere else." His eyes slide over to glance at what he is able to see of her room - which actually does look exactly like an earthquake has just passed through it - and his jaw clenches. "The walls are really thin, so I can hear everything. Please keep it down."

She pokes her tongue into her cheek, looking him up and down. Eventually, a quick nod. "Fine." And she proceeds to slam the door in his face.

Jaemin stands there for a minute more, caught off guard. Then, with a slow blink, he walks back into his own room. It is late in the afternoon, and where he should really be either studying or spending time with his friends, all Jaemin really wants to do right now... is sleep. And so he dives into bed and shuts his eyes, a tiny smile on his lips as he gets ready to escape reality - even if it is only for a little while.

Two minutes later, a sudden blast shakes the wall beside him, resonating loudly. And then, "Oh, shit!"

At least she has the decency to look somewhat remorseful when he's appeared at her door again. Jaemin takes a deep inhale, struggling to continue with any civility after his nap has been so brusquely interrupted. "Listen, I'm just trying to take a nap. Can you just-"

"I'm sorry!" the girl blurts quickly, mouth quirking downward in an involuntary pout. Jaemin holds her gaze resolutely, despite how much his traitorous eyes want to glance down at her lips. Eventually he does anyway, and he's startled to notice her bottom lip sports a thin silver ring right through the middle of it. His eyes quickly snap back to her face. She fiddles with her fingers, evidently distressed. "It really wasn't my fault this time-"

"I don't give a damn," he snaps suddenly, and she recoils, taken aback. He sighs. "Just..." A yawn escapes, and he pauses. "Just be quiet. Please."

Her eyes flash, and he stiffens, fully prepared for a heated argument. Instead, she just catches that bottom lip between her teeth and averts her gaze. "Sorry for interrupting your nap." Once again, he stands in front of a closed door.