part thirty-eight

disclaimer: i don't condone underage drinking and neither should you

-

the one where she gets hungover (deserved).

part thirty-eight

"Alright, gimme the bottle."

Juno hugs the bottle of sherry closer to her, pulling it out of reach. "No. Leave Winey alone!"

"What? Don't tell me you named the fucking..."

"Ignore him," Juno whispers to the bottle, with all the seriousness of someone who is well into inebriation. "Not everyone can understand your beauty."

"Fuck's sake," Haechan sighs. "Give it to me now, or else."

Juno doesn't budge. "Or what?"

No longer in the mood for her ridiculousness, he reaches over and tries to pluck it from her grip. But it's surprisingly strong, and she slides backwards, away from him. However he's persistent, and soon enough, he's pried the bottle from her grasp.

She frowns. Then before he knows what's happening, Juno launches forward to reclaim the bottle of sherry. Haechan tries to roll out of her way but isn't quite fast enough, and suddenly he finds himself laying on his back on the floor with her on top straddling him in a scandalously compromising position, his hand still clutching the problematic sherry bottle.

He can't breathe. He tells himself it's because she's heavy.

"What are you-" The words die on his lips as she draws closer. That's not what he's supposed to say. He's supposed to tell her to get the hell off him. And he will. Soon.

"Donghyuck," she says, and he blinks at the use of his government name. Juno's eyes glitter as he gulps. "Do I make you nervous?"

The line would probably have been delivered more appealingly if she was sober and in her right mind. But she isn't, so the words come out soft and slurred. Yet they still send an embarrassing warmth to his cheeks, which only heightens as she leans further in. Their lips are mere millimeters apart now, hers full and pink from the wine.

What is wrong with him?

Haechan can't help but recall the last time she was so close, and he immediately tries to remove it from his mind. It's no use. And this isn't the first time, either. It's happened on multiple occasions now, where he would be having a perfectly good day until something reminds him of what happened during that game. And then he wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it for a while, which then completely spoils his mood. He wishes with every fiber of his being that the kiss had never happened.

He's determined to believe that's true.

But it doesn't matter. His aversion to her hasn't changed, and besides, he was raised well enough to know never to take advantage of someone in such a state.

But he can't seem to move.

Then Juno finally pulls away from him, seemingly content now. It takes Haechan a moment to realize that she has the sherry again, but he decides to just let her keep it. It's almost finished, anyway; no need for a repeat of whatever just happened.

Minutes later, she looks up at him with a little pout. "It's all gone."

"What's gone?"

"Winey." She seems sincerely distressed at the lack of liquid inside of the wine bottle. "Winey's gone. She left me." Juno's face crumples, and sobs begin to rack her body once more. "Why would she leave me?"