part sixty

the one with a number one.

part sixty

"Hyuck, you're a dumbass."

The boy shoots a glare at his friend, top of his head barely visible with the duvet tucked close all the way up to his chin. "You don't have to tell me." Haechan sighs, turning around so that he's lying on his side. "I'm already miserable."

Renjun turns away from his computer to look at Haechan. "Did you really tell her that the kiss wasn't supposed to happen?"

"Yes! I panicked!"

Jaemin sighs loudly. "It's Jeno all over again." Jeno, who is sitting beside him on Renjun's bed, raises his brows and places a hand on his chest in an affronted gesture. Jaemin just rolls his eyes at his best friend. "I know you aren't making fun of Hyuck when you literally ran away from her. At least he stuck around for the aftermath."

Renjun and Haechan can't help snickering at that. Jeno's mouth opens to say something, then closes. Then opens again. "That was uncalled for," he mumbles.

Jaemin shakes his head. "Also what is in her kisses that made you guys react like that?"

"Nothing you're ever going to get to experience," Renjun says.

"Oh, fuck off," Jaemin grumbles.

Haechan redirects the conversation. "I wasn't prepared, all right? It was an accident. So you can't really blame me for freaking out afterward."

"Yes, I can," Jaemin retorts. "And how does a hot and sexy makeout session accidentally happen?"

Haechan's nose wrinkles. "Don't call it that."

"Isn't that what it was?" Jaemin lets out a loud chortle when his friend, flushing, doesn't reply. "I swear you never used to blush before, but now your face is always red. What is that girl doing to you?"

"I don't know," Haechan groans. "Fuck."

"Anyway, Hyuck, you should explain things. Or just actually talk to her, you know, without bickering nonstop to hide your feelings." Renjun raises his brows at Haechan, whom he evidently knows all too well. "Come on. She literally confessed to liking you."

"She never said that, just... insinuated something," Haechan insists.

"Lucky bastard." Now it's Jeno who sighs. "Should've been me."

"No, you were a coward who lied to her about your feelings for her, so that's not happening." Jaemin points as Jeno with his index finger, then moves it to Haechan's direction. "And it won't happen to you again either, if you don't hurry your ass up and set things straight. I swear to God. You're both so dumb. Juno could do so much better."

Jeno's mouth drops open as he stares at Jaemin. "You are a menace today."

"That's just his way of ignoring his own heartbreak," Renjun calls from where he sits at his desk.

"Shut up," Jaemin whines.

"But really, Haechan." Renjun cocks his head to the side. "It's not like you guys have never kissed before."

"That was for a game," Haechan mutters. "I could hide under the excuse of having to do it for the sake of the dare, but not this time. I chose to kiss her that night, several times, and I might have just completely fucked everything up."

"But you'll never know if you don't talk to her," Jeno says. "So you should. Take it from me."

Haechan closes his eyes. "I will. Eventually. Once I've worked up the nerve."