part fifty-five

the one where she meets a murderer.

part fifty-five

There must be a mistake.

That news article remains open on Juno's laptop, and her eyes stray to it again. Passed away... a fire... loving family and friends... so young... June 16, 2017... what a shame...

Juno slams the computer shut.

She glances down, searching for her kitten. But Shawty has been with Jisung and Chenle for the last week or so, Juno knowing she wouldn't be able to give her proper attention. And those two had been all too happy to keep her with them.

Juno slumps down in her desk chair, catching a glimpse of her reflection in the mirror. She hadn't gotten a wink of sleep last night, and it shows. Perhaps she should take a shower. Before she does, however, she quickly texts the group chat to let them know that she's fine, but at the verge of a breakthrough, so she's incredibly busy, but that they shouldn't worry. Then she informs them that she will not be going to meet their culprit tonight, as it most definitely is a trap she is not willing to enter.

When Juno steps out of the bathroom minutes later, there's a text message waiting for her.

l. donghyuck: eat.

That had been sent just before she'd taken her shower. Then he'd sent another when she hadn't replied.

l. donghyuck: did you eat?

b. juno: no

l. donghyuck: why not?

b. juno: been busy

l. donghyuck: okay

l. donghyuck: i'm sending olivia over with food now

Juno's mouth quirks up into a smile, even though she wonders absently why he isn't coming over himself.

b. juno: and she's just letting you give her orders?

l. donghyuck: oh no

l. donghyuck: i got yelled at

l. donghyuck: but she's doing it anyway, so who's the real winner here?

b. juno: not you

l. donghyuck: whatever

l. donghyuck: enjoy the chocolate cake

b. juno: GASP

b. juno: I FUCKIN LOVE YOU

No reply comes for a few moments as her screen shows that he types, stops typing, and starts typing again over and over.

b. juno: i can sense you dreaming up some smartass reply to that

b. juno: so i'm leaving before you do

l. donghyuck: WAIT WAIT WAIT

l. donghyuck: are you really not going to the passageway tonight?

b. juno: so i thought about it

b. juno: the chances that the culprit will actually be there are slim

b. juno: i'd just be walking into an ambush

b. juno: there's no point

l. donghyuck: okay okay fair

l. donghyuck: thank god tbh i was worried

b. juno: aww

l. donghyuck: not for YOU