part thirty-five

⇉ the one where they have a chat.

part thirty-five

They're not speaking to each other.

It's all so dumb, Juno thinks. The agreement to move on from what happened at the court was mutual; and yet she and Jeno have barely held eye contact since. The others notice; after all, it'd be difficult not to, but they say nothing of it.

Juno wishes she could go back in time before they did that stupid thing.

On the bright side, she's feeling decidedly better as the week progresses. Seeing the doctor hadn't yielded much result, however, she'd just been told that she settled into a depressive "funk," which was normal. Dr. Han had told her in succinct terms that it must've been her hyperactivity the week before that drained her; then recommended more sleep, exercise, and even meditation to reduce the chance of entering such a slump again.

But it felt like much more than that to Juno. Throughout the visit, she got the feeling that the doctor was withholding some sort of information from her - what, she had no idea, but she's been in for even more testing since that specific visit. She makes a mental note to step up her investigative efforts.

But first, she needs advice. Mostly about the boy.

And leave it to her to seek said advice from the last person she probably should. But she cannot think of anyone else she would rather speak to about this, which is why she soon finds herself in front of a door on the fourth floor, raising a hand to knock tentatively.

The person who answers is not the redhead she's expecting.

A girl she recognizes as one of Livi's former minions opens the door, a sneer on her lips. "What are you-"

"Let her in," the familiar voice calls from inside.

The girl scowls deeper but swings the door wider so that Juno is allowed in. She breathes a sigh of relief when she sees Livi lounging on her bed, soft t-shirt and sleep shorts already on for the evening. "Hey."

Livi grins at the sight of her. "Hey."

Juno clears her throat, obviously wanting to launch into an explanation of why she's here, but the other girl's presence causes her to pause. Livi observes this and turns to her.

"Bora," she begins. "You were just leaving, right?"

"Oh. Yeah." Bora blinks, surprised. She probably was on her way out, as shown by the backpack she has slung over her shoulder. But it's as if she was somehow hoping they'd forget about her being there, her posture primed for eavesdropping. Juno remains silent, not wanting to give her any gossip fodder.

"Well, see you later," Livi says pointedly, and Bora reluctantly walks out the door.

"Your roommate?" Juno asks once they're alone.

"Unfortunately."

"I hope you aren't being too mean to her."

"Me?" Livi places a hand on her chest as if she's offended by the insinuation. They share a smile, and then she sits up and pats the space beside her. "So, babe. What exactly did you want to chat about?"

Juno hesitates. "It's about Jeno."

But there's no sign of tension in Livi's expression. If anything, she seems almost excited. "Ooh, tea." She stops. "But I would've thought you'd talk to Reina about this, not me."

"Why?" Juno asks curiously.

"Well, you know." The almighty Olivia Park almost seems... shy? "You guys are closer than we are, plus Jeno and I have history, so I just-"