1.0: Lawler & Walsh

Lawler & Walsh.

Corporate Law firm that specializes in Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Dispute Resolution, Employment, Insurance, Private Equity, Tax, and more.

Co-founded by Adrian Lawler and Nathaniel Walsh, originated from a small two storey building, and now located on the top level of a skyscraper in downtown Los Angeles - with additional offices in New York, Chicago and Oklahoma. The recent addition of a Toronto and London office was added, and the firm are on a scout for two new partners-

"Blah, blah, blah."

I rolled my eyes as I scrolled the mouse down the screen of the information page in the firm's website. I prepared myself to visit my Father's firm for the first time since I was a little kid, but even then I couldn't remember much. And since my Parents divorced, I spent most of my life with my Mother in Seattle, and with the occasional visits to my Father, we never went to the offices of Lawler & Walsh, especially the new two level, top floor office in downtown LA. He took me to the courtroom once and a while, where I always saw Nathaniel, his best friend and co-founder.

After three years of expanding their firm everywhere else, I finally got the chance to fly back to Los Angeles and see my Father and the improvement of his corporate law firm again. I also needed it for my studies, I wanted and worked hard to get into Harvard to follow in my Father's footsteps, but corporate law wasn't my ideal type of law to work for. My Older Brother, who was meant to be the lawyer protégé, didn't want anything to do with it and became an architect instead.

I tied my hair into a loose bun, my contact lenses poked in and my make up, which consisted of powder, blush and eyeliner were smacked on. I got told to dress nicely, like a lawyer would, so pretty much black, black, and um, oh yeah, black. I had to borrow some dull clothes from Erika, my roommate back in Massachusetts.

Black and grey was the theme for today.

The grey and black striped midi skirt that reached my waist, a very fitting black crop top turtleneck with elbow length sleeves, and a black skinny belt to connect it all together. Oh, and not to forget the strappy heels that are too uncomfortable for me to walk in. Erika dressed me up for today and for the week I'd be spending in LA. She said to stay conservative, especially since Lawler & Walsh had a reputation of class and professionalism, it's where she always dreamed to work once she graduated.

"Okay, so I'm ready," I breathed, feeling the pounding of my chest as I got nervous. Three years to finally see my own Father, and I couldn't wait.

The cab ride over scared me, I watched all the cars drive by, the buildings swooped on one by one, and the people dressed a lot more formal. My eyes couldn't stop staring as soon as we stopped right in front of the shiny skyscraper, the people were just like in the magazine and television. All the suits, ties, pricey jewellery, cups of coffee and on their phones reading, texting and calling. If I directly followed in my Father's footsteps, would that be my future once I graduated?

"Oh God, I'm not ready."

I paid the driver, my nervous wobbles made me struggle the balance of the stilettos, which caused me to drop the black purse and phone on the concrete as soon as I closed the cab door. I cussed and hastily leaned down, but instead, bumped heads with another person who wanted to do the same. A groan oozed out of me as I looked up to see a brown haired man in the tailored black suit rubbing his head and chuckled my way.

"Hah, I did not see that one coming!" He said with a flash of his smile, the dimple on his right side became visible and hard to miss. "I'm sorry about that," He added. He picked up both my purse and my phone, but he didn't hand them over, he scanned both things with a cocked eyebrow.