2.0: Welcome Mrs Walsh Number Three

My eyes were horribly puffy and bloodshot, fortunately for me, Hamish actually lied about the client already waiting for me. He noticed there was tension and decided that it was a good idea to break the moment and - supposedly - save me from the scene, but I guess it was good. I probably didn't want to hear what my Father had to say anyway. He also bought me some time, about half an hour or so to get my act together, especially since I just bawled right in front of him in a senior associate's office floor.

"So, are you sure you're okay?" He asked as he watched me put some eye drops to get rid of the swollen eyelids.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that," I mumbled. "Are you sure no one saw us?"

"I'm sure," He nodded. "I'm sure because we practically ran out of the office to come here, at this pharmacy, to buy you that thing," He said with a shaky, nervous tone. Something must've happened without me noticing because he sounded a bit worried for my liking.

I blinked a few times to let the drops settle in and I turned to face him, my vision a bit blurry due to the water build up, but I could still see him nipping at his bottom lip, arms crossed and his fingers tapped against his sleeves. "What's wrong with you?" I slightly frowned and pressed him about it.

He shook his head. "Nothing, just wondering how long you'll be."

"You're a bit too frantic, what's up, Hame?"

"I lied about the client, but technically, I did need to come get you because Nathaniel wanted to see us before we go to brief the guy-"

"What?" I hissed.

"And my phone's been buzzing in my pocket for some time. I want to check, but I know who it is." The panic on his face turned his skin to a pale color, he looked a bit nauseas, and I knew why. Hamish loved working, he's a born workaholic and a natural schmoozer with his bosses, hence why he would be in a state of panic or worry whenever he felt he did something wrong.

And at the moment, being in the pharmacy with me and not taking me to Nathaniel or picking up the phone calls made him sick.

"Well, I'm done if you want to go- Oh-" I reached into the pocket of my blazer and took out my phone. I honestly expected it to be Nathaniel, but it was Dominic.

"Are you going to get that?"

I stared at his handsome, smiling face on the screen, his name boldly written in white on the middle as I had the two options of either accepting or declining the call. And for Dominic to call me out of the blue, it was out of the ordinary. I turned to Hamish, who raised an eyebrow at me as he somewhat signaled me to answer without making it obvious.

"I don't need to talk to him right now," I mumbled as I pressed the red button and put away my phone.

"Can we at least go back?"

"You are just so cute." My lips curved and nearly let out a giggle, which I quickly covered with my hand.

"Don't mock me," Hamish grumbled and playfully jabbed my arm. "Let's go, Annie."

And with that, we walked out of the pharmacy in a rush, more like he led the way and I slightly struggled to chase after him - in heels. I even skipped a few times to dodge the fresh bubblegum stuck on the concrete, some trash dumped and kicked about, and, of course, the busybodies that didn't look where they were going as they were busy on the phone. Concrete jungle, I tell you!

"Annie, this is so ridiculous. I can't believe I risked my job for you-" I heard Hamish rant on as he finally reached for his phone and shook his head in denial of what's actually happened. "Twenty missed calls, who the heck doesn't answer twenty fucking missed calls, Annie? Huh? My own conscience is being attacked here- Oof-"