5.5: Day Five - The Night Before

"Dom, can you zip me up please?"

"Sure."

The cold trail of the zipper made its way up to the upper end of my back, the material tightened and completely covered me not a moment later. It'd been an awkward morning as Nathaniel spent a few minutes in our suite with Julia, the chappy talk wasn't properly accommodated as they invited all entourage for the wedding out for a breakfast. Since Dominic saw all the evidence and incriminating things that his Uncle had done to the woman who supposedly crossed him, he'd been nothing more than shallow, cold and quiet throughout the morning, merely nodding in response and holding onto my hand to keep himself sane as we made our way down to the balcony café of the resort. My Father also didn't seem so fond of the morning either, when we reunited with he and Antonia, he'd also acted the same way my fiancé did.

What surprised me was the sudden appearance of Julia right beside me, her protruding belly poked at my arm as she waddled closer so she could touch my arm to get my attention. I'm not sure when she found the time to notice me, but once she got my attention, she asked, "Marianne, darling, may I have a word with you for a second?"

"Uh, sure?" I cleared my throat and handed over the chardonnay fizzling in my wine glass to Dominic, who didn't appear to eager to let me leave his sight. "I'll be quick," I reassured him, since he'd been quite overprotective of me since last night.

"You better," He grunted.

I could only smile and slipped out of his hold and followed Julia as she linked her arm with mine, so an escape was no longer an option as we slowly moved over to a spot at the balcony that had an umbrella to keep us in the shade. She looked left and right, maybe to see if there was someone nearby, and when it was clear, she unlinked her arm and held me by the wrist - tight. It caught me off guard as her soft and calm demeanor turned to the opposite, where she frowned and scowled at me.

"W-What's up, Julia?"

"Annie, I am so sick of this. I want this baby out of me and I don't want to marry Nathaniel."

"H-Huh? Maybe you're getting cold feet?"

"No!" She hissed, her teeth never parted as she did so, although keeping the volume of her voice to a whisper. "You don't get it, this has got to be the most inappropriate I've seen Nathaniel since we got together, especially with the way he's reacting over these weird events that are meaningless!"

"So, what are you going to do, Julia? You've gotten this far." I'm not wanting to convince her to bail on her wedding, but I'm not going to be the one to convince her to stay if she didn't want to. I pulled away from her grasp so I could give her a comforting embrace, patting her back as I whispered, "At the end of the day, you'll make the right choice."

"Is that what you're doing? Are you making the right choice?"

"Pa-Pardon?"

"You heard me," She coldly spoke into my ear. "I know, Marianne, I know what you and Nathaniel are up to tonight," She continued.

I pulled away with an uneasy groan, trying to keep a straight face as I said, 'You're being a bit-"

"-Don't lie to me, Lawler. You can't keep it in your pants, can you? You already have one of the sought after lawyer wrapped around your finger, and yet, you went on to play with Ham-"

"-Julia!' Her fiancé grabbed her by the arm, rough for a pregnant woman as he tugged her to beside him, as though it looked like he handled her with care. Nathaniel's eye twitched, but his teeth flashed in that fake smile as he said, "I warned you not to butt into my business, Julia."