3.8: NYC - Manipulation

At this moment, whilst I stood in the meeting room with the rambling Judge Cole, I kept my eyes locked through the glass and watched as my best friend flirted with Hamish. I tried to share my attention, but I really couldn't stop being nosy and felt a bit jealous that Hamish happily received and returned the flirtatious actions back.

I don't know, maybe I was feeling a bit insecure that he did that to any other woman... Maybe he didn't have feelings for me like he said he did and just wanted to sleep with me? I really don't know. Or maybe I've just lost my mind and started projecting what Dominic did to me onto poor Hamish. Who knows? There's bound to be a reason why he wouldn't tell me!

Distraction time.

"Hey Judge Cole," I interrupted him amongst his nonstop chatter, I crossed my arms and bluntly asked, "What ever happened to Rebecca?"

"P-Pardon?"

There's no denying I was bothered by his constant pushing of wanting to take the case of Dominic's one night stand. If I ever saw the client on topic, I don't think I could control myself. I've already got a lot on my plate.

"Rebecca told me she tricked you and the firm to take the case for the sake of seeing Dominic again. I'm curious on what's happened to her?"

The judge rubbed his palms together, his eyes slyly shifted left and right ashe turned away from me. "What happened afterwards should not matter for the both of us. It does not affect our bargain, my dear," He said in such a cold tone, he sounded the same as the night we made that bargain - the true Judge Richard Cole came out to visit.

"I know, but the opportunity won't come any sooner would it? I doubt Nathaniel is in Los Angeles by the time we get back, the reason, if you forgot, is the planning of his and Julia's nuptials?"

He narrowed his eyes. "Oh ho, ho," He drew a chuckle from his stomach and held onto it. "Well, what could possibly happen the day before the wedding?" He winked.

"Are you saying that if he doesn't bring it up between now to his wedding day, you'll persuade him to just to complete my end?"

Judge Cole clapped slowly. "My dear, there's one thing you should know about the corporate law," He started. "To get what you want, you always need leverage on people of higher authority."

"And that's me?"

"Well, isn't it obvious. Don't let me spell it out." He added and walked closer to me, his hand pat my shoulder with a sly smirk. "And to answer your question, Rebecca left New York and returned home. We instructed her that if she told her Father, I've got the tape with she and I."

Tape? Sex tape? Wait, what? Is that his plan?

My mouth opened, ready to speak, but Judge Cole already wobbled off. I think I bit off more than I could chew when I made a bargain with Judge Cole, especially when he told me the most important fact right now, which is really sick and twisted for someone to have in their possession, even if it's just for leverage. I cringed at the sudden thought of Dominic and Rebecca's sexual experience being recorded too, and by Nathaniel. I have a bad feeling already.

He truly was as manipulative and a dirty player in the twisted game. Dominic, my Father and Nathaniel were right to warn me. I was such a fool.

I took a peek at Erika and Hamish, their flirting was indeed going well, they were laughing and lightly touched each other on the arm, which was a textbook move for one to tell the other they were interested. Things were going well for them already, and I felt lonely all over again. Everyone had someone, and the someone I thought I had left to go to work back in LA. I walked over to the large window, my arms cradled each other as I stared out at the view, if things didn't go as planned, I imagined myself standing at that same spot and looking out at the view of the city, and feeling miserable with myself. But I don't think I'd be back in New York anytime soon, I had a feeling I wouldn't be working here and that feeling also told me that Dominic won't be either. Though I can't help but worry that we won't be together.