4.1: The Ex-Lover

Our naked bodies were wrapped around each other like there was no tomorrow. My fingers combed through and messed his brown hair from the perfect combover, my lips hadn't left his, his arms wrapped around my body tight and we made love beneath the sheets in the comfort of our bed. I lost track of time, and so did he, we made up for lost times and relieved those many nights we were apart, forgetting our overall problem.

"Dom-" I breathed his name as his thrust between my legs accelerated.

Moan after moan, my back arched and pressed closer to his body, my head tossed back deeper into the pillow, my grip on his hair tightened as the tension and pleasure became overpowering. The feeling of him inside me felt so right, the way he rocked his body and mine, hitting the right spots both inside and out.

"Annie-" He groaned.

In one deep, hard thrust, he and I let satisfied moans escape at the top of our lungs, and we stiffened up for just a second before we collapsed on the bed. His weight lay atop of me, my arms cradled him as close as possible. I felt so relaxed, so relieved and satisfied in my lover's arms, he was the only one I wanted, but a tear drop from the corner of my eye. I knew I had to let him go. I had a plan to follow, and it didn't include him.

But I think Dominic sensed the problem, he probably read all my thoughts as he kept his face buried against the pillow beside my head and muffled words against it. I didn't hear it at first, so when he repeated, I heard, "I know this doesn't change anything between us and what went on in New York, but I missed you so fucking much."

"Is it bad to say that I missed you just the same?"

He shook his head. "Not at all," He cooed into my ear, his lips pressed against the side of my crook of my neck before he shifted his weight and rolled onto his back, he managed to use his left arm that stayed under me to roll me to my side and cuddled up against him. I pulled on the blanket near his knees to cover our sweaty, naked bodies before I leaned my head at his chest, his heart beat faint, but I felt it thump against my ear.

We still had time before our talk, the sun wasn't out, and the only light to illuminate the room came from the moon and it wasn't much. I could barely make out the features of Dominic's face, only the outline and the shadows that formed along with it, but I couldn't resist to push myself up, reach my hand to the other side of his face and stare straight down to his face. A much clearer view from above. I caressed his cheek, the light stubbles tickled against my skin, my eyes focused right into the pretty hazel ones that showed his vulnerability. I licked at my lips, lowered down and pressed my lips against his for a sweet, warm kiss that we managed to skip upon greeting.

"Dominic, I-" I whispered as soon as we parted. My heart couldn't bear to say it during that intimate moment.

Dominic brushed away strands of hair that covered my face, he flipped most of my hair to dangle only on the right side and he faintly curved the corners of his lips. He let his fingers trail about, around my face, down the middle of my brows and along the bridge of my nose, to the upper lip, where I playfully attempted to nip at his finger and we shared a laugh. We were both doing what our old selves did when we were together, and my favourite, we both fell asleep in each other's arms.

Something we haven't done for a very long time.

I didn't want to wake up. I didn't want to open my eyes and talk to him. I didn't want to end what we had. I wasn't running away this time, I was voluntarily leaving him, but the way I planned to do so would come out like I was going to run from it all. Despite Hamish and Erika's efforts and helpful advices to plan it, no matter how much they tried to get me angry, I told them constantly that no matter how angry I'd get, Dominic knew how to approach everything there was to know about me.