3.1: New York City

Something was odd on the fly over to New York, I mean, who wouldn't be feeling out of normal when Judge Cole unexpectedly joined us and sat disturbingly too close to me that Dominic suggested to switch seats once we were allowed to. Oh, and speaking of my fiancé, he's been too overprotective and clingy of me that it's actually fine to say that he's also too close for comfort.

"I mean it, boo," I whispered and gossiped with Erika as soon as we reached land. She and four soon-to-be senior associates joined us on this business trip, but my best friend - obviously - was the only comfort and normal I'd rather stick with.

"Well, you can't expect me to save you all the time. Since you get the royal treatment with your fiancé, I'm staying with a new senior associate in a two single bed hotel room, so just imagine the pain in the ass awkwardness I'd have to deal with." She groaned near the end and cussed under her breath.

"Do you know who?"

"Karen something. She's from the Chicago office, but she worked a couple of months in LA before she was moved."

"How come?"

"She slept with Judge fat-shit over there," Erika beckoned to Judge Cole, who walked way ahead of us talking to the very same woman. My best friend was particularly moody today, I suspect the late night booty call from her secret lover probably made her sleeping pattern a bit whacked. "I know nothing about her, boo, and you know how I am when I'm sleepy!" She whined.

"Naw, I know. You know I'd switch rooms with you any day," I calmed her as I rubbed at the arm I was clinging onto. "We could gossip all night and watch sappy movies-"

"-The amount of tissue boxes we'd go through!" She smiled and turned to me, her other hand gripped on mine. "Oh, boo, please ask your fiancé if you can-"

"-No chance."

And on cue, Dominic made his presence known. He swooped me away from my best friend, we were separated just like that. His arm wrapped around me and he boasted through the way he stood, eying Erika down, despite the fact they were going to be officially equal as partners and heads of the New York office.

"Oh, yes, of course, the douchebag obviously gets the girl," I heard her sarcastically remark, her eyes squinted and aimed invisible daggers to the man beside me, who could not care less and shunned her. He pulled me closer to him, the sides of our bodies pressed against each other as he replied, "Hence why I'm the fiancé."

"Because you're a douchebag?"

"Only the jealous ones make snarky remarks."

Erika rolled her eyes and stormed ahead, I followed her with my gaze before I turned to Dominic and slap him on the chest. "Why would you do that?" I asked.

"I don't want to share you." He grunted.

I sighed, that line has been repeated so many times lately, I don't know if it was true or not. If I think back to those days in the office, I'm assuming that those times he spent with his Uncle caused him to be this way, since Nathaniel most probably fed him with a handful of lies and used his words to manipulate his nephew. If I were in his shoes, I'd do that. If I knew something was up, I wouldn't hesitate the best skill I have.

But thankfully, I wasn't him.

Dominic was slowly becoming him, although he's been acting like he's conflicted with something. One moment he's the old him, the next he's back to the new. And it wasn't a great ride either, because every time he went to his old self, his new self would come back aggressive and we'd end up fighting because of his sudden mood swing. I actually want Dominic to go get himself checked, I mean, what if he's developed some kind of mental problem or has multiple personalities because of his Uncle? What if he's actually in pain right now and I wouldn't be able to get it out of him because he might be hypnotized? What if there was magic involved?