4.9: The Pleasant Reminder

"So, did you hear? Judge Cole officially retired," Dominic announced as he entered the door to my office with a smirk. No matter what he did, he started to look sexier every day since our date on Saturday, and four days later, even while fixing the button of his white dress shirt as he came closer to my desk forced me to press my legs shut.

Okay, so, ever since that intense, passionate kiss on the sidewalk that night to the sneaky, late night phone calls a few days after, and the light banter when we crossed paths around the office intensified my yearning for Dominic. He made my inner goddess want to come out, jump him at every encounter, let him have his way with me and make love to me like he used to. I really wanted him right then and there at my office, especially as he pressed his palms down - flat - on top of my desk, his body leaned forward and towards me where the collar of his white dress shirt drooped and I caught glimpse of the muscles flexed beneath it. The way his lips parted at the side and exposed some of his teeth and smirked at me, the little nip at his lower lip too.

Jesus. Stop it, Dominic!

"Are you listening?" He asked me.

"Yes- Huh- What?" I shook my head.

"Judge Cole officially retired. You didn't do something about this, right?" Dominic continued to press me, asking me questions that went through one ear and out the other. I couldn't concentrate, my eyes were focused at the shapes made by his lips.

"You're so out of it," I heard him chuckle and snapped his fingers in front of me. "I have to go to the courtroom soon and meet a client afterwards, but you're still coming over to the apartment tonight, right?"

"Maybe-"

"-You've postponed each time. Annie-"

"-Let me finish!" I hissed. "I'm going to be around at 7, is that okay?"

"You finish at 5, don't you?"

"Not tonight." Unfortunately, I hadn't opened up to Dominic about my plan, and I've yet to do so, just not now.

I leaned forward, elbows against my desk as I clasped my hands together and leaned my chin atop of my intertwined fingers, and I stared into his pretty hazel eyes. I couldn't stop smiling, imagining that we'd be alone and together in the apartment that I once shared with him, eating a delicious dinner that he'd prepared for me with a glass of red wine to match.

Dominic bent down a bit closer to my face, close enough that his breath kissed my skin and kept on teasing me. "Just make sure you don't keep me waiting all night, alright, Miss Lawler?" He whispered in a deep tone.

Oh my God.

"O-Okay," I choked.

"Then it's a date." He tapped his index finger on the tip of my nose followed by a wink, and it made my whole body spiritually melt down to the tip of my red heels, but I waited for him to exit the room before I let myself slump and slide down my seat.

What did I get myself into?

Throughout the day, I tried to pace myself to finishing any pieces of work I needed done, despite my mind out of focus and thiought only about Dominic Walsh. His pretty hazel eyes lured me into a trap and he quickly hooked on once I fell for it, and it felt like this time, he wasn't going to let go of me at all. I told myself not to completely fall for him all over again, yet there I was, sunk down to my seat and covered my face with my palms. I hadn't expected such a tension between he and I, I always thought we'd stay awkward and avoided each other. I applauded Dominic though, he kept true to his word that he'd fight to win me over and get me back, and even if I didn't admit it, I think he knew I was falling hard for his charms all over again. My heart fluttering in a light beat as I couldn't stop imagining him, his lips, oh God!