1.3: L&W Lawyer - Dominic Walsh

Dominic was being sane. He acted a lot more normal than usual, and he woke up this morning by kissing me to tell me that he was hungry and wanted to go to the same café I made a fool of myself in, which I allowed him to go alone so I could sleep longer. He disappeared for at least two hours before he came back looking like his ego was stroked, and I didn't bother asking him about it. I knew he went downstairs to meet my Father. I knew because he left his phone on the side table and saw a message preview on the screen from my Father, they were going to have a chat about a case and he needed Dominic's opinion about it.

I brushed it aside to use it against him when I suggested that we went out and stayed out of our room. So Dominic and I took a stroll along the streets of San Francisco, it was a bit forced at first, but because he agreed that it would help get me out of my supposed PMS phase, he agreed to go with me for fresh air.

And I liked it.

The way Dominic held my hand, his occasional hold at my waist when we waited to cross the road, how he made me feel safe and loved. Although we didn't talk so much, the feeling of having him act slightly similar to how his old self did made me have a sense of reassurance that he still remembered how to be himself, and it made me feel more determined to save him from the new him. I supposed that since we started working, we started to drift due to our commitments. We haven't had the proper chance to go on dates because of his busy schedule, well, I'm also partly to blame also, my job held me up before the one month leave for a trial against the accused killer that just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I guess we were both busy.

We stopped by a park, taking a seat at the nearest bench, and we were back to holding onto our own selves as soon as our butts met with the wood. I embraced myself and leaned back on the park bench, my legs crossed over the other as I watched the people that walked passed, most of them were couples. They all stuck together like glue, their body language showed their attraction and love for one another. While Dominic and I sat on the bench, a gap in between us that could fit another person if they wanted to sit down. If anyone looked at us, they would think that he and I weren't together.

The silence continued to pass.

I watched Dominic lean forward, his elbows at his knees as he hunched and kept his gaze straight ahead. I wonder if he noticed the other couples too? Did he see what they were doing? See how they acted? What about the comparison between their relationship and ours, did he see that too?

"Babe, can I ask you something?" He asked out of the blue, but avoided to look away from what he stared so seriously towards.

"Shoot."

"What's your thoughts about moving to New York?"

My eyes closed and I exhaled heavily through my nose. My whole body felt weak, the insides of my stomach churned and made me feel nauseous. This was work related again.

"Are you hinting at something?"

He dropped his head down and let his fingers scratch through the strands of his brown hair, slightly messing up the combed over hairstyle. His hand lowered to the back of his head and stopped for a moment, his body movements took a pause. I wanted to keep asking him questions, but he seemed preoccupied in his own mind to even hear the noises of our surrounding.

"What happened this morning, Dom?" I asked, gulping down the worry of an argument erupting on the park bench. I didn't mean to pry, but the man's too secretive.

"I met with your Father-"

"Uh huh."

"He said that he and Uncle Nate are going through with the plan involving the New York office-"