5.1: Day One - Father Knows Best

"So what's up?" I greeted them as I was the last to arrive. Fortunately, after coming clean with Dominic, he was okay.

We all arrived at the resort late at night, but despite the hours, I still had to go meet with Hamish, Erika and my Father about how we would play out everything. We all gathered at Hamish's hotel room, he and Erika decided to play it cool by going separate rooms, but they managed to be sneaky not hours since landing.

Oddly enough, we were dressed in our most casual of all clothes.

"Tomorrow, we're going to be doing phase one, and that's sabotaging the rehearsal," Hamish explained. He had all the documents and notes properly typed out and printed, he laid them out in front of us and pointed at each part.

"Dominic is the only groomsman, so I can always accompany him-"

"I can do it-"

We paused. Surprised at my Father's words.

"D-Dad- You- What-" I was at lost for words.

In all our planning, we didn't exactly give any role to my Father, he was there for a second opinion and because he insisted so.

"No, it would make a lot more sense. If you think and consider what happened to Nathaniel and you today, in his intoxicated state, he confronted you because he knew what you were up to," He debated his role. "And consider this, Nathaniel does not know I am involved in any of this."

"But Dad-"

Erika quickly grabbed my hand and clenched it tight. "No, no," She interrupted me. "Listen, that makes a lot of sense."

"If my Dad gets caught in this, everything will-"

"Annie, listen. Your Dad is the best man, he has the best role in the ceremony. He also has his own knowledge of Nathaniel's personality, so he could easily accomplish this."

I tugged my hand away from her grasp, I fully shifted my body to face my Father, my palms were opened to him, fingers widened as I shook them in front of me. "Dad, one wrong move."

He raised his hand. "Marianne, believe in me."

"What's your plan then?"

A smirk crept up on the left corner of his lips, his eyes gleamed and he looked boastful. He stood up, his arm stretched towards Hamish with his palm faced upwards. I watched the object to plant on Nathaniel to cause a mess be handed to my Father, his wrinkly fingers curled and wrapped around it as he said, "Wait and see."

The three of us kept quiet as we watched my Father leave the room without another word, the first thing I did once he the door clicked was turn to the other two in the room, palms slapped on my thighs and sighed.

My best friend gave me a hug and whispered, "I guess your Father knows best."

"I guess."

I didn't stay long in that room, I felt the need to go back to the suite - yeah, you heard me. Perks of dating Dominic.

Kidding!

Anyway, so I went back to the suite and snuck straight into bed. Snuggling up to the snoring man, he sounded exhausted, even embracing him had no reaction. I worried what he may be facing tomorrow, when he'd have to go with the rehearsal with my Father. Ugh, and how my Father would set the trap up for everything, he doesn't know the importance of this trap. Once it's set, everything would be easier and there'd be no need to use 'Plan B'.

No one ever wants to use 'Plan B'.

Who knows how long I've slept, it was a battle against my own thoughts to get my own eyes to close and go to lala land, and after shifting from one side to the other, to lying flat on my back, I managed to find peace in lying on my stomach with my face buried into the pillow. I supposed I fell unconscious from suffocation. I woke up around eight o'clock, the bed empty and no sounds of footsteps roamed the suite, and after excavating the area, Dominic already left.