Dirty Little Secret

June 5th

The screams of a child echoed through the halls of a suburban home.

The first child of Marianne and Dominic Walsh.

A little boy was born, weighing in 6.5 pounds and 17.5 inches tall, crying and cradled by the Mother.

They named the child, Corbin Alexander Walsh.

"Congratulation, Mr Lawler, I didn't expect you to finally be a Grandfather."

"It can't be helped," Adrian murmured as soon as his ex-wife and his daughter's best friend rushed towards the bedroom where the birth was held, while standing at the lounge with his hands pushed into the depths of his pockets as he waited for the moment to arrive since the wedding earlier in the year. However, he didn't seem pleased. Instead, he gave a frown towards the other male as he sternly warned, "You better not say anything."

"Mr Lawler, I've kept quiet for a very long time, so why would I say anything now?"

"Because-" The older male looked over his shoulder, catching glimpse of Dominic holding onto his first born son. "-Now that he's become a Father, I highly doubt that his own Father would keep his mouth shut while behind bars."

"He doesn't even know that that man is his Father."

Adrian snorted, shaking his head as to ridicule the other male. "And what's to stop him from finding out? He's married to my daughter, and she is just as smart to find out before him," He said in a shaky tone. "I'd hate for her to find out."

"I would hate for her to find out I'm involved too, Mr Lawler."

"Because you love her," He sighed. "But you knew she will hate you if she found out your involvement, am I right, Hamish?"

The younger male sighed, his heart ached as he watched Marianne, the one he loved deep down, share a smile with her husband as they ogled at their newborn child together. He envied that. He hated it. He slightly frowned as he muttered, "We killed that man's Mother, Mr Lawler, and his Father quickly took the blame to protect him."

"But you never got the girl."

"But I will," Hamish grunted. "Dominic won't be around too long."

◎◎◎

Author Note:

Dear Readers,

Thanks so much for reading and voting all the way to the end. I am happy to know that my first ever original story posted in Wattpad got that much attention. I never expected it, I only thought a handful, and I didn't think it'd be noticed! Regardless, I wrote anyway. This idea came to me whilst writing a series of short stories in my phone, and I originally didn't want to pursue the idea, but I supposed it worked out for the both of us, right?

Anyway, I have a shorter second part to add to this, like a farewell to Marianne and Dominic. I hate saying goodbyes to characters I've grown fond of! But I'm going to take a breather and expect a preview soon.

Thank you so, so much once again!

x

SDB