6 - 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

The first speeder equipped with weapons fired at one of the several droid tanks which stood in formation on the side of the street. Captain Panaka's team reigned their fire on the droids, drawing their position and fire to under the building arc they were under.

Taking the diversion as a signal, Padmé, R2, Anakin, Qui-Gon, Thea, and Obi-Wan ran under the cover of another resistance group towards the doors of the palace while Qui-Gon activated his green lightsaber to deflect the shots fired upon them and Obi-Wan activating his blue one to slice a droid. Padmé and Thea ran ahead of the group with blasters in their hands, waiting for the droids on the other side of the door.

The droids continued attacking the armed speeders and resistance fighters while the Viceroy watched from a screen, the battle that was occurring. Darth Maul came up to watch the screen as the delegates in the back plotted their next moves.

All remaining fighters ran to the main hangar of the palace to commandeer as many ships as they could to carry out their attack in orbit. Padmé and Thea shot at every droid there was while the two Jedi deflected shots back at the droids.

"Ani find cover," Qui-Gon ordered.

"Get to your ships!" Padmé yelled at the pilots as they continued to fight off their attack.

Fighters took off one by one as some pilots were killed on route. Anakin hid behind containers in the hangar, avoiding ongoing blasters and trying to stay hidden, when he saw R2 being carried into a Nubian fighter. Anakin climbed the ladder hastily into the fighter as the attacking group continued towards the palace door, not noticing Anakin in the pilot's seat.

Pilots who made it past the tanks and heavy fire flew towards the command ship and were met by more intense fire from fighters.

On the field, the Gungan shield managed to sustain itself, covering the Gungan army. Not even taking one shot through the protective blue shield. The droid army ceased their fire on the shield and deployed on foot droids to meet the Gungan army face on. The battalion of droids were activated and marched in sync to meet the Gungan army, while they activated their personal shields and readied their bombs. The droid army started firing on the Gungan army as the first line of defense used their shields to cover the rest of the soldiers who were throwing bombs at the droid army. But even with their bombs, they were only able to discharge one droid at a time.

"My guess is the Viceroy's in the throne room." Padmé told her captain.

Captain Panaka instructed both groups, red and blue, to follow them to the throne room to take on the Viceroy. Qui-Gon instructed Anakin to stay where he is safe while Thea gave him a small smile.

The doors split apart to reveal the hooded figure in a black robe and the crowd froze in their places, blaster ready. Maul raised his head to look at them with his red eyes, making eye contact with Thea Black just as Qui-Gon reassured them,

"We'll handle this." gesturing to himself and Obi-Wan

"We'll take the long way." Padmé ordered the group.

Thea stood and maintained eye contact with him as she heard the maniacal laughter echo in her head and the new feeling of cold and malice reunited with her. Padmé shook her out of her trance as they ran farther from the enemy they could not face.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan walked forward while Maul removed the hood from his head, exposing the horns on his head. The three force users discarded their cloaks to the ground.