18 - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨

The clone wars had been raging for 5 months, the Jedi were dispersed through the galaxy, fighting battle after battle. Padawans who had passed their initiate trials had been sent off as commanders in the war.

The Senate had become more and more violent, the senators retorting to the production of more clones, weapons, and fewer concerns about the people. Coruscant had been a safe haven away from the Separatist war on other planets, but bounty hunters and assassins were still on Coruscant, having no reason to leave.

There had been not only a violent and costly war outside the Senate but there was also the corrupt and unjust war in the Senate. Senators had turned against each other, having secret meetings, using the war for profit, and creating alliances for power while others just left the Republic; but the worst ones, were the senators who had been in the Separatist Alliance but were allowed to stay in the Senate due to no proof.

With the up-and-coming bill to put more money towards advanced weaponry, the Republic had started to lose more money than it gained, no one wanted to admit it but they were going towards a road of debt they couldn't recover from. Places in the lower ring of Coruscant had started to lose electricity and clean water, the people had started to riot, to go against the Senate. So, the other opposition including Padmé Amidala, Thea Black, Bail Organa, and Mon Mothma had started an opposition to the bill while delegations such as Kamino and the Banking Clan would start fundraising for the bill.

A week before the actual votes, there had been reports of senators being beaten up and cornered in the streets of Coruscant or had near-death attempts on their lives or cautionary ones on their guards. Padmé and Thea were no strangers to threats due to a bill and Padmé had taken certain precautions while Thea blatantly ignored the threats on her life and tried to negotiate with more delegations and rally them to their cause.

«»

The 104th battalion, informally known as the Wolfpack, had returned back to Coruscant for the first time in over 2 months and only for a week. Their Jedi General, Plo Koon, had been requested to come back to the Jedi temple for some assistance while the 104th got to enjoy their time on Coruscant. A group consisting of Commander Wolffe, Corporal Comet, Sinker, and Boost had started just left 79's, a clone bar, and made their way towards the Senate building, hoping to catch up with Coruscant's guards, Fox and Thorn.

As they were walking past the smaller golden statues at the side exit of the Senate building, two senators made their way out, they recognized one of the senators Thea Black, and another they couldn't identify. They started walking past them when shots were heard. Both senators immediately dropped to the ground while their guards were shot down around them. Wolffe and Comet ran towards the senators. Wolffe grabbed Thea's hand and led her behind one of the statues while the shots rang. He looked at the Coruscant guards who had made their way to their location and started shooting towards the snippers. Wolffe took a moment to look down at the senator and was surprised to see her reacting so calmly, another shot hit the statue and she gasped quietly. Wolffe took in her appearance, she wore a purple slightly off the shoulders long dress with a deep blue cardigan with red embroiders. Once the shots had stopped and the snipers were killed Wolffe looked at the senator in concern.

"Are you alright, senator?" he asked in a deep voice.

"Yes, thank you," she replied kindly as she took her time to look at him. He had a scar running over one of his eyes and brown hair.

"Let me escort you to-" he realized he hadn't known where she was headed and stumbled over his words.

Thea laughed lightly and Wolffe's eyes lit up at it "to my quarters, thank you." she finished his sentence. Commander Fox of the Coruscant guard looked at the senator and asked if she was alright before thanking his brother.