28 - 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦

hope

Thea sat on the barstool behind the marble slab table in her kitchen while she watched Wolffe cook a perfect dinner meal while telling her about their plans for the future.

"We could get a pet," he suggested.

Thea snorted, "What, like a loth cat?"

"Why not? It would make you happy won't it?" he challenged playfully.

"You make me happy, that's all I need," she replied softly.

"But for sure there is something?" he asked again. "Maybe to visit Dooku this week?"

Her head snapped up as she looked at him as if he'd grown two heads, "Visit Dooku?" she asked, confused.

"Of course," he turned to face her, "At the temple."

Thea continued to stare at him with a calculating and difficult gaze, it didn't sit right with her, Dooku at the temple? Why was that so difficult for her to comprehend? She could hear short snippets of conversation, of crying and yelling. Doors slamming. She held her head and swayed lightly on her feet.

"Something's wrong." her voice came out confused, "Why don't you let me cook while I figure things out," she said and moved to the kitchen beside him.

"No, that's alright, you love my cooking either way. I'm good at it." his voice sent shivers down her spine, bad ones. Her gut keeps telling her to run, to walk away, to defend herself. Her mind was in a frenzy and before she could comprehend what happened, she took a kitchen knife and stabbed it into Wolffe's chest. He gasped out in pain, with tears running down his face while Thea's face remained confused yet impassive.

"You are not my Wolffe," she whispered as his body began to turn to red dust and collapsed onto the ground.

«»

Two Jedi Venators exited hyperspace in the atmosphere of Mustafar, the general's going into a frenzy with one commander going almost insane with guilt and nerves. General Kenobi looked down at the lava planet with slight unknown disdain and pain? He had never been to Mustafar before. His thoughts traveled for a while before an afraid aura filled his senses...

Thea

He ran to the holo computer and contacted General Plo.

"Plo, I can feel her on the surface, she's afraid," Kenobi said rushed.

"Yes, I sense it too. Beware Obi-Wan, this may also be a trap." Plo warned.

Kenobi dismissed the warning and said in a quieter voice, "I've never felt her so afraid before".

"Elaborate?" Plo requested while Wolffe shifted nervously beside him.

"She's fought Count Dooku, almost been assassinated. But she was never afraid, now she's... she's terrified." Kenobi answered.

"We need to get to the surface, Commander Wolffe, prepare two gunships," Plo ordered Wolffe.

"Yes sir!" Wolffe said back and ran off.

Before the transmission disconnected, Plo turned back to Obi-Wan and murmured, "You might not find something you'll like."

Obi-Wan looked back at the man, he had known Thea for years, she had been one of the people who stayed the longest, who he hadn't lost yet. His heart thumped in his chest, beads of sweat forming on his forehead before he finally turned back to the Jedi Master.

"I won't let her die."

«»

Three gunships from the two venators flew through the hot clouds of steam with little to no effort, then landing on a landing pad that seemed to be too used for a planet this unlivable. Commander Wolffe was one of the first to step out of the gunships and scanned for any droids or fighters at all, with his scope reading coming back as a negative, he gestured for the others - including Obi-Wan and Plo to get out of the gunship.