22 - 𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘴

𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘴

Senator Thea Black and Senator Bail Organa made their way through the Senate, passing other representatives and a couple of guards on their trip. Putting in the code and entering Thea's office, they sit on the couch while BD serves them a drink. Thea wore a deep yellow fitted dress with a dark blue, almost navy, short swing coat accompanied by some dark blue wedges. Her hair wore in a single bun at the back of her head with a flowered net going over it. Bail wore a blue shirt with a darker vest over it with a green belt tying it together. He wore grey and dark brown boots.

"This war isn't getting any better Thea," Bail tells her gravely.

"We must hold out hope, Bail, the people need it and so do we," she tells him frowning.

"And what if we lose? We need to be ready to face that possibility," he tells her, concerned.

"I have full trust in the Jedi, the army, and the Chancellor. It's not easy but so far, we aren't losing," she tells him honestly.

"We aren't winning either!" he exclaimed, "more and more systems are rallying to the Separatist Alliance. You've seen their army and you've seen what they can do." he finishes.

"Yes, I have, but if we don't have hope, we have nothing. I don't want there to be a war but currently, there is little to nothing that us, as senators, can do," she tells him matter-of-factly.

"I heard Padmé is bringing forward a new bill to the Senate," he comments.

Thea chuckles at first, "yes, indeed, it will stir up quite the debate in the Senate." she tells him with a small smile.

"Something tells me you will get quite the thrill out of it," he tells her chuckling.

"I always love a good debate, I just don't always like the topic of it," she tells him frowning at the end.

An image of Senator Philo appeared on Thea's desk as they both walked to it.

"Senator's, I have called a meeting in the lobby, please attend." was all he said before he ended the transmission.

Thea and Bail looked at each other curiously before they started to make their way to Padmé's office to inform her. Standing in front of the Senator's door was her droid who had implored them to leave.

"We apologize for our abruptness." Bail said as he entered while Padmé stood in front of her desk and kept her hands behind her back.

"Oh, Senator Organa, Senator Black, how good to see you." Padmé said nervously, "What is it?" she asked trying to speed up the conversation to make sure her husband, Anakin Skywalker, stayed out of their sight.

"Senator Philo has called a meeting in the lobby before we vote on the Enhanced Privacy Invasion bill," Thea tells her urgently.

"Right... Privacy Invasion bill." Padmé mutters as though she forgot.

"Are you alright Padmé?" Thea asked, concerned.

"Yes, yes, I'm alright," Padmé replied quickly, causing Thea to frown.

"We must hurry if we are to stop the vote," Bail said as he started to walk away, "Coming, Senator Amidala?" he asked, turning back to her.

"Of course." she stammered nervously.

Thea remembered her other meeting, causing her to stop, "I'm terribly sorry but I have to make contact with General Plo." she told them.

"Alright, just try to get a word in before they vote. The senators listen to you." Bail said as he smiled at her and bowed his head.