12 - 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺

𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺

Obi-Wan Kenobi's fighter jumps out of hyperspace while disengaging from the lightspeed ring.

"There it is, right where it should be. Our missing planet Kamino." Obi-Wan tells R4 and Thea Black.

"How come the Jedi archives didn't have the location?" Thea asks him.

"Master Yoda concluded that someone erased them," he tells her gravely.

"I thought only a Jedi could do that?" she asks him.

"Only we can," he assures her quietly while she looks out the glass in confusion.

The ship approaches the stormy water planet of Kamino, several landing spaces and buildings built above the water in dome shapes. Landing on the platform, Obi-Wan and Thea put on the hoods of their cloaks and exit the fighter, running towards the door into the building while lightning crashes around them. Obi-Wan and Thea take off their helmets, revealing their darkened wet hair as Obi-Wan looks forward in confusion as a tall white alien with a long neck, small head, and small black eyes approaches them.

"Master Jedi, Senator, the Prime Minister is expecting you." the Kaminoan tells them in a calm slow voice.

Obi-Wan and Thea look at each other in confusion before Obi-Wan asks

"We are expected?"

"Of course. He is anxious to meet you. After all these years, we were beginning to think you weren't coming. Now, please, this way." the Kaminoan tells them and walks away, Obi-Wan and Thea following.

"I thought you said no one knew about Kamino," Thea muttered to Obi-Wan quietly.

"They didn't," he replied the same.

They walk through brightly lit white hallways before coming to a stop where doors open to show the Prime Minister.

"May I present Lama Su, Prime Minister of Kamino." the Kaminoan introduces while Obi-Wan and Thea bow to him and he does the same.

"And this is Master Jedi and Senator-" she waits for them to finish.

"Master Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and Senator Thea Black of Calésté." Obi-Wan introduces them both.

"I trust you are going to enjoy your stay. Please." Lama Su said then pointed at two chairs that descended from the ceiling which Thea and Obi-Wan sat down in.

"And now to business. You will be delighted to hear that we are on schedule. 200,000 units are ready with a million more well on the way." Lama Su told the two.

Seeing Obi-Wan's confusion Thea spoke up, "that's very good news."

"Please tell you Master Sifo-Dyas that his order will be met on time." Lama Su directed at Obi-Wan.

"I'm sorry, Master-" Obi-Wan asked to repeat.

"Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas is still a leading member of the Jedi Council, is he not?" Lama Su asked while Thea looked to Obi-Wan in confusion.

"Master Sifo-Dyas was killed almost ten years ago," Obi-Wan confirmed.

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. But I'm sure he would have been proud of the army we've built for him." Lama Su said almost sincerely.

"The army?" Thea asked with confusion, the bill was not supposed to happen yet.

"Yes. A clone army, and if I must say, one of the finest we've ever created." Lama Su added.