30 - 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦

𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦

"Commander Wolffe, how is she?" Plo asked when he saw him.

"Tired, afraid," he said, his voice lighter than expected.

"That is good, we will take her to Coruscant with no delays, I'm sure the Chancellor is waiting for her," Plo said.

"Of course," Wolffe replied.

"Anything else you'd like to add?" Plo asked.

"Can I stay with her... on Coruscant I mean," Wolffe asked.

Plo frowned at first, he knew the war came first but his Commander had felt lighter than he had in months, he was finally happy after suffering.

"That will be up to her, Commander," Plo said finally.

"Of course, Sir,"

«»

Wolffe walked into the training room and was met with the grunts of some other troopers fighting in the ring. He ignored them and walked to one of the heavy-weight machines before sitting down and pulling the bar to his chest. Footsteps neared him and he just knew Sinker, Comet, and Boost were going to give him hell for what occurred.

"How are you feeling Commander?" Comet was the first to ask.

"Fine," Wolffe said gruffly and brought the bar up before pulling it to his chest.

Comet looked at Sinker and Boost who nudged him in the ribs causing him to sigh.

"How's the senator?" Comet asked again.

"Fine,"

Sinker whistled awkwardly and put his hands behind his back, rocking on his feet.

"Commander, how are you both?" he asked.

"If you don't stop asking, I'll use you as my personal punching bag," Wolffe said and turned to look towards them, "Leave."

"Yes sir," the trio said and left quickly.

Wolffe sighed loudly then turned back to the wall, still sitting on the machine. He put his head in his hands and thought.

What if he leaves her again?

What if he breaks her heart?

What if he -

"Don't do that," a soft voice said behind him and he swiveled around to see her.

"Do what?" he asked rudely.

"We might have been apart but I don't forget easily," she replied calmly.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said and brought the bar back down to his chest, her eyes following as his shoulders tensed and muscles moved.

"Wolffe-"

"Leave," he said abruptly, not stopping his movements till the weights become nothing and he had no more to pull.

"No," Thea said strongly, and every other clone in the room left them. She held the pull lever for the machine in her hand.

"Don't act like this," Wolffe pleaded.

"Like what? Like I deserve?" she said back, eyes glaring.

"You-"

"I haven't slept well in four months, I haven't made our bed in four months, I barely ate those four months, you left me like I was some bastardly separatist, you left me like you never loved me. You left me standing, barely breathing, after professing your love to me. You asked me if I would marry you that morning and I said yes and you left like it was some joke. You were the one that wanted everything, my entire body, and soul, you wanted me but you left. I have every right to act as pissed off as I am now. You left me with nothing. You do not get to tell me to act calmly after you walked out because of history. You do not get to condemn me for my past." she said angrily, her chest rising rapidly.