23 - 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴

𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴

"Yes, of course, Senator. Thank you for telling me yourself, I completely understand." was the last thing that Senator Amidala said to the other senator over the transmission. Thea sat beside Senator Mon Mothma on a light purple couch in Padmé's office, waiting for their meeting to start.

"Did we lose someone else's vote?" Lolo, a friend and student of Senator.

"Senator Stonk. Worried about public opinion. But he wants us to know how very sorry he is." Padmé tells them as she sits on the couch.

"Sorry does not get us votes," Lolo says in slight anger.

"Maybe not but we must respect his decision. If he loses public opinion then fewer people will side with him, do not forget." Thea reminds her calmly.

"We'll get votes. When in your speech you convince people to stand up for what they know is right," says Senator Farr of Rodia.

"I hope you're right, uncle." Padmé says hopefully, "You and Thea have been doing an amazing job rallying votes to our side." she continues, thanking the two senators.

"Perhaps I am the most influential man on Rodia, Lolo, but after all the mistakes I've made, peace is what matters to me now," Farr says to Lolo after she tells him something in their native tongue, his tone laced with regret.

"Senator Amidala? They are ready for your speech now." Senator Organa says after bursting into the room, "It's time."

"We'll see you in the chamber, Senator Amidala." Senator Mothma tells her with a smile.

"Good luck, Padmé," Lolo tells her.

«»

Thea walked in a light pink cape dress with a gold necklace on her neck and several rings on her hand, the most prominent one, a grey color. Her small healed white pointed shoes making the tiniest sounds as she walked and her light pink cape flowing gently behind her. Her hair was done in a complicated but loose fish braid with pearls littered through it, a gold hair clip holding together her loose strands in the front.

Bail wore a light blue turtleneck sweater with light green pants, all being covered by his royal dark purple robes, engraved with gold thread and his grey boots make quiet impacts on the Senate floor.

Padmé's silver headpiece held her brown hair in an abstract updo. A dark blue dress hid under her light blue cloak, lined with light green. Golden sleeves with swirls painted on them covered her arms and green earrings hung from her ears.

Thea, Padmé, Bail, C3PO, Ono, and Lolo walked in a group towards their pods, prepared for the meeting.

"It is quite exciting," Ono told Padmé.

"Exciting isn't exactly the word I would use. I think "terrifying" is more appropriate." Padmé said nervously.

"Pay her no mind senators. Even as a girl, Padmé downplayed her strengths. Helps her maintain the element of surprise." Ono assures the two older senators.

"Padmé you are empathetic and intelligent. You will do fabulously, I have no doubt in my mind." Thea assures the girl.

"Thank you, and I learned it from you. See you inside senators." Padmé tells the group, as they bow in respect.

«»

Chancellor Palpatine stood in the center of the main Senate chamber with hundreds of pods surrounding him. The light shone on him while Senator Amidala's speech projected itself on the various screens around the room. Her voice boomed with pride and empathy as she fought for what she thought was right.