20 - 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

Thea had never felt this way before, she felt terrified, excited, happy, and heartbroken all at the same time. Normally, she was good at hiding her emotions but Plo was able to sense them halfway across the ship. Thea was pacing around in a hidden part of the ship when she heard the door open revealing Commander Wolffe.

He stared at her wide-eyed, not having a helmet on, and immediately took in her terrified state.

"Thea, are you okay?" he breathed out.

"No. No I'm not and I've never felt this before and I'm terrified," she told him and he felt his heart beat faster in his chest.

"Felt what way?" he asked hopefully.

"Like a dozen years of memories are going to force themselves into the front of my mind, like a failure and like I'm- force, I don't even know what," she told him with tears in her eyes.

"Is it about the King?" he choked out.

"King Lucien? Yes. It is." she told him and let a couple tears fall down her cheeks. Wolffe felt his heart break at the statement but took her in his arms nonetheless and smoothed her hair down. He pulled away after a couple minutes of hearing her cry and wiped the tears off her cheeks.

"This is probably inappropriate and unprofessional but I don't think someone as beautiful as you should be crying over someone," he muttered to her.

He watched her blush and look down towards her feet while he chuckled quietly in his chest.

"Whatever happens will work out, I promise," he told her.

"Thank you, Wolffe, thank you." she kissed his cheek and left the room, leaving him flustered as he put his hand where she kissed him and grinned.

«»

The gunship flew over green fields with lush dark forests, then onto a huge blue dazzling lake before they reached the beginnings of the capital city of Solin. Thea gulped while she held onto the bars on the ceiling of the ship as they touched down on the platform. Wolffe, who had noticed her panic, took her hand and gently squeezed it. She looked back at him and mouthed a 'thank you' before the ship doors opened.

General Plo, Commander Wolffe, Sinker, Boost, and Thea walked out of the gunship and towards the people who were at the far end of the platform. Thea walked forward as the councilmen who were with them bowed to her while the King just stared at her. Thea halted her movements and stared right back at him, her heart aching.

"You grew up," she said quietly but just enough for him to hear.

"Had to happen sometime," he told her back. Her. His sister.

He looked at her. She had lighter brown hair than the last time he saw her and longer, slightly curly. She had grown taller, quite a bit taller, she was now about 5'5. She had kind and soft dark brown eyes. Her nose was the same as he remembered, slightly pointed and her smile was inviting. So inviting that he was brought back to his parent's funeral.

"You look like her, like mom," she whispered to him. Him. Her brother.

She looked at him. His hair was darker and longer, it went down to his shoulders and was curled at the bottom. He had deep dark brown eyes, just like their mother. He had a serious look on his face but his smile was kind, reminiscent. He had grown a lot taller, taller than her now. He was at least 6' she knew that for sure. He couldn't hide his face in her shoulder without bending down anymore.