10 - 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦

𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦

𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭

𝟐𝟐 𝐁𝐁𝐘

Senator Black, now 26 years old, sat in one of the chairs in Chancellor Palpatine's office. Jedi Masters Luminara, Yoda, Windu, Mundi, Koon, and Fisto sat or stood around the Chancellor's office while he discussed the continuous concern of the number of star systems joining the Separatist alliance.

"I don't know how much longer I can hold off the vote my friends. More and more star systems are joining the Separatists." Palpatine informed the Jedi.

"If they do break away-" Master Windu started.

"I will not let this Republic which has stood for a thousand be split in two. Senator Black's negotiations will not fail," he told them strongly.

"If they do, you must realize there aren't enough Jedi to protect the Republic. We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers."

"In the same way the Republic was once united and now we are not? I respect your code but what if war breaks out due to the separation? Will you not aid the Republic?" Thea countered Master Windu while the Chancellor nodded in agreement.

"Master Yoda, do you really think it will come to war?" Palpatine asked Yoda, who closed his eyes in concentration.

"Hmm, the dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is." Master Yoda replied.

Senator Amidala, Senator Organa, Senator Taa, Representative Binks entered the Chancellor's office with their guards by their side.

"Senator Amidala, your tragedy on the landing platform , terrible. Seeing you alive brings warm feelings to my heart." Master Yoda told Senator Amidala kindly.

"Do you have any idea who was behind this attack?" Padmé asked seriously.

"Our intelligence points to disgruntled spice miners on the moons of Naboo." Master Windu informed her while Thea gave her a pointed and disagreeing look which she returned.

"I think that Count Dooku was behind it," Padmé admitted just as Thea sucked in a breath.

"He is a political idealist, not a murderer." Master Mundi defended.

"You know, milady, Count Dooku was once a Jedi. He couldn't assassinate anyone, it is not in his character." Master Windu continued.

Padmé looked at Thea who cast her eyes down at his name, when Thea did look up she gave Padmé an assuring look that they would discuss it later.

"But for certain Senators, in grave danger you are." Master Yoda told Senator Black and Amidala.

"Master Jedi, may I suggest the Senators be placed under the protection of your graces." Chancellor Palpatine suggested while Thea and Padmé shared a disapproving look.

"Do you really think that's a wise decision under these stressful times?" Senator Organa intervened.

"Chancellor, if I may comment, I do not believe-"

"The situation is that serious?" Chancellor Palpatine interrupted Senator Amidala.

"Perhaps an old friend, Master Kenobi?" He smiled at the girls after telling them the gravity of the situation.

"That is possible. He's just returned from a border dispute on Ansion." Master Windu added.

"Do it for me, my lady, please," he begged looking at Thea, knowing she could convince Padmé.