27 - 𝘢 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨

𝘢 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨

4 months had gone by since Wolffe walked out on his relationship with Thea. 4 months in which he suffered and craved her company, her smile, her laughter, her comfort. 4 months since he talked to her, since he knew how she was doing - it was like everything in the galaxy was keeping them separated, he separated from her. People took notice of it, how Commander Wolffe seemed even colder than usual, snapping more and being more aggressive. He couldn't help it, he lost the one good thing in his life because of anger, because of a grudge, because he was him. He didn't try to make excuses, there were none, she loved him, gave him a home, a family, a life, something to fight for and something to come back to but he ruined it, he ruined it all and he couldn't even tell if she was alright or not.

Was she safe?

Was she alright?

He wanted so many times to contact her, to talk to her even over a transmission but he knew he broke her. The way she seemed out of it, how he snapped at her, how he brushed her off as if she were nothing. He messed up and he knew it.

It was a month later when General Plo had him and the admiral of their ship go to the bridge after one of his Jedi briefings. It was a normal day, nothing strange happened but he felt off. His general looked at him sympathetically - he thought - before telling them about their most recent mission.

"There have been a couple of attacks on senators on Coruscant but they are alright." his general's deep voice echoed through the bridge as he folded his hands in front of himself.

"However, Senator Black," Wolffe froze, his breath hitching in his throat and his heart suddenly beating in his ears, "went missing yesterday and didn't attend a meeting today. We don't know if the Separatists did it or not but we need to find her. We're working together with General Kenobi." Wolffe didn't know how to react, how to move, the woman he loved was missing. She was missing, maybe if he had stayed if he had been in contact with her, been with her, that she wouldn't have been in danger, disappeared. His mouth was dry and his blood ran cold and he wanted to scream at everything in the galaxy that went wrong.

"There is no evidence of a struggle in her office or in her apartment except for an undone bed. The Chancellor said that was very uncharacteristic of her." General Plo explained and Wolffe could only think.

Unmade bed?

Had she been with someone after him?

Had he truly lost her?

Was she not his anymore?

His heart fell in his chest and his eyes glossed over with unshed tears under his helmet, the feeling of dread settling in his stomach at which general Plo turned to look at him. Wolffe shook his head and continued listening to Plo tell him about the scene and everything that had happened, or they think had happened before he was dismissed. He walked lifelessly through the halls, a robot feeling to him, the same, mundane feeling of repetitiveness washing over him. He entered his office and looked towards where Thea would usually stand as they talked after a long day, her voice echoed in his memory, a mock at his anger. One tear ran rebel from his eye - his helmet still concealing everything he was feeling to everything else, a wall set up, protecting him from a crash he was waiting for.

«»

"Have we been able to find anything in her office?" General Kenobi asked the Chancellor who looked oddly calm on the transmission before he turned to Grandmaster Yoda, General Windu and General Plo who were all on the other ends of the line. Palpatine looked undisturbed but panicked that his student was missing, like he knew something about her location, what happened to her.