chapter 13 life

Y/n has spent his time training. With occasional visits to Mileena.   It has been three months since the party.

Shao Khan sits on his throne. Quan Chi walks into the room and stands in front of him.

Quan: My emperor.  I have news regarding Mileena.

Shao: And what would that be? 

Quan: I have reason to believe that Mileena is in a romantic relationship with Y/n.

Shao: Do you have proof of this?

Quan: I have the word of Baraka and Shang Tsung to back me up. Plus the word of Scorpion. Shang Tsung and I led the investigation. 

Shao Khan thought back to the dream he had.  This gave him pause.

Shao sat there for about two minutes, just thinking.   

Shao: She has had a lack of suitors.

Quan: You can not seriously be considering-?

Shao slammed his fist on the arm of his throne.

Shao: I will consider what I wish to! 

Quan Chi went silent. 

Shao Khan sighed.

Shao: I'm going to my quarters. No one but my daughters can disturb me.

Shao got up and walked away into his quarters. 

He sat there for about an hour. Until Kitana walked in.

Kitana: Father?

Shao: Kitana, what do you need?

Kitana: I heard you were distressed. 

Shao: That wouldn't be the word I would have used.

Kitana: What is the matter father?

Shao: I worry about you're sister.  I wish to secure both of you, a future.   However, I find the lack of suitors for Mileena's hand, concerning.  I know you have no lack in them.

Kitana: I certainly do not father. 

Shao: Only the gods live forever Kitana. We all die eventually. Even if it's thousands of years from now.  It is my job as ruler of outworld, to make sure my legacy lives on, be it through you, or Mileena.

Kitana: I understand father.

Shao: Good. Now leave me.

Kitana exited the room. 

Shao found himself at a crossroads. He knew Y/n was not his friend, but an enemy. But yet the dream warns of a mistake he can make.   So he must be very careful.  

Meanwhile.  Xerox and his chosen warriors train hard. Xerox can defeat Y/n, however  none of his warriors can pull that off.  And if they can't beat Y/n, they can't beat experienced demons.  

Xerox left the training yard and went to a room. In this room was a shrine. It had pictures of his dead family on it.    He put a candle on the shrine, than lit it.

Xerox: I miss you all. I promise you all, I will continue to fight. But I believe that one day, I won't have to fight anymore.  But until then, I will fight on for you all.   Shana, my love. Please, forgive yourself, it was not you're fault.   Rest in peace my children, and please forgive you're mother. 

Xerox left the shrine and went back to the training area. 

Y/n continues to train in the Shaolin temple, refusing to spar with anyone out of fear of hurting them.  

Raiden watches from a distance.

Raiden in head: I hope you learn how to control you're power soon Y/n. In the mortal kombat tournament, we will need you to be strong.  

Mileena sits in her room. Looking in the mirror and thinking of Y/n. She too knows what will come.

Mileena in head: Y/n my love.  I hope that one day we can be together and not hide it from others.   I enjoyed the night we spent together. I enjoyed you holding me against you as we slept.   You were so warm.   Hopefully we won't have to fight at the tournament.  But I will love the chance to see you again without being questioned.

The tournament is months away. But Outworld and earthrealm must be ready to face off. Only time will tell what will happen next